Hotels in NYC / best Route to The Hamptons

assasyn

Established Member
I have a wedding to go to in The Hamptons in September and the wife and I are flying in on the Thursday before the wedding. I need a reasonably priced hotel recommendation for NYC. We are going to fly into La Guardia and see as much as we can before traveling east the next morning. It's our first trip without our kids so we would like a nice hotel, not extravagant. We are already paying $250 a night on Friday and Saturday.

Also, what's the best way to get to The Hamptons and back? Flying back out Sunday. Rental car, train, what?

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
you can take the train. you will need to take the lirr babylon branch. transfer at babylon. prob 2-2.5 hr train ride.

where do you wanna stay in nyc. i work in midtown and any place is atleast $300 a night. but whatever you do, DO NOT, DO NOT STAY AT THE CARTER HOTEL ON 44TH STREET. they advertise for 25 bucks a night in the middle of times square but the hotle is a hub for trafficking drugs and prostitution. the hotel staff will steal you belongings out of the room themselves. trsut me we catch it on camera every time.

if you need any advice or help while your here let me know

Para81

Established Member
I recommend the Soho Grand and it won't break the bank (relative to other good hotels in NY)

Users who are viewing this thread