How Big?

loud_snake

Established Member
I just traded somebody my old wheels for some Ford FR500's. 18x9's. I was wondering how big I can go on the back. I hear most people say 275 is the biggest they will go. Does anyone out there run anything bigger?
If so... Got Pics?

Also, I'm running with H&R ss springs.

Thanks

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you asking about what you can fit on a 9" wheel? I would think maybe a 295 would still work pretty well.

Last edited:

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
Whats up man. You can fit a 315 on a 9" wheel. It fits fine and does not rub. I ran that for about 3K and then I needed new tires because I cant stay out of the WOT.

How are the rims working out for you??? I'm about to buy 4 new tires for the rims You traded me. Take some pics of them and post them up.

loud_snake

Established Member
xcobra04x said:
Whats up man. You can fit a 315 on a 9" wheel. It fits fine and does not rub. I ran that for about 3K and then I needed new tires because I cant stay out of the WOT.

How are the rims working out for you??? I'm about to buy 4 new tires for the rims You traded me. Take some pics of them and post them up.

Just chill'n. Yea the wheels look sweet. I just drop'd it with the H&R's I will take some pics this weekend. Do you have pics when you had the 315?

What I was asking was what size of tire's(safe) can I put on a 9'' wheel.

VoodooSNK

Established Member
xcobra04x said:
I know they fit on 17" wheels, I wouldn't put them on an 18" wheel. I had 315's on my 17x9 stock wheels and it bulged quite a bit, I'd stick with 275's on an 18" wheel or buy some 10.5" wheels for the back.

Users who are viewing this thread