How do the door tweeters come off?

sixpackstang

New SVT *****
Established Member
I spent awhile looking at these, and can't figure out how they come off. Do they just pull off? I didn't want to brake them so I didn't pull too hard. I don't see any nuts/bolts/screws holding them in, only 2 nuts that look like they hold on the mirrors.

Thanks for the help!

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
Since I dont know what year or system your talking about, Ill assume its a 99-04 Mach 460 system, as those are the only ones I have had the pleasure of taking off.

Remove the tweeter grille. There will be an 8mm bolt. Remove bolt. Remove tweeter. Unplug tweeter. Set tweeter aside. Do other things.

sixpackstang

New SVT *****
Established Member
Since I dont know what year or system your talking about, Ill assume its a 99-04 Mach 460 system, as those are the only ones I have had the pleasure of taking off.

Remove the tweeter grille. There will be an 8mm bolt. Remove bolt. Remove tweeter. Unplug tweeter. Set tweeter aside. Do other things.

Yes, I'm talkin Mach 460, didn't think there was any other Ford system with door tweeters. 03 Cobra, hence the post in the terminator section. So the grill part just pulls off...ok. Didn't want to destroy it.

Thanks for the detailed How-to. Must I do other things? I was planning to stop living once tweeter was set aside.

Jefe

Established Member
Mach 460 Information

To remove the high frequency driver remove the pod grill by pulling it straight off. Pull by the grill area not the whole housing. It may take a little force but it will come off. I slide a screw driver in between the grill and the hosing and pull out. Once they have been removed, they are much easier to remove next time.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
This might be a dumb question (and I haven't looked yet) but is there such a thing as a tweeter delete for Mustangs with this type of interior/stereo?? I really hate the look of the tweeters up there and think it would look much cleaner with a smooth panel up there. Obviously I would be upgrading speakers if I completely got rid of the tweeters but IMO I don't think it would take much to beat the 460...I think it's rather bland. lol Any input??

Users who are viewing this thread