How do you clean your faux suede seats??

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
Like the title says, I was just wondering if anyone knows a good way to clean the fake suede stuff on the center sections of my seats in my 03 Cobra. They are the lighter shade of gray and have never been cleaned. I never drive the car with nasty pants on because of the seats, but I can tell that the drivers side is starting to show some signs of dirt as it's not quite the same shade as the passenger side seat any longer. I posted this in the show and shine section too, but added it here as last time I got a lot more responses in this section. Any help would be appreciated!!

old ford guy

Established Member
Use Tuff Stuff , its a spray foam !

You can get it at auto zone or walmart.

Will take care of dirt , tar, and most anyting else with no damage to your seats !

hoofbeat

Established Member
Do not use anything but Woolite mixed 7 parts water to 1 part Woolite. Seats are not fake suede they are Alcantra and are used in Mercedes,BMW and other high end cars.Using a spray bottle, spray seat, wipe with a damp cotton towel.Then use another dry towel pat dry. Used this method on my Cobra for 7 years and seats look like new.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Do not use anything but Woolite mixed 7 parts water to 1 part Woolite. Seats are not fake suede they are Alcantra and are used in Mercedes,BMW and other high end cars.Using a spray bottle, spray seat, wipe with a damp cotton towel.Then use another dry towel pat dry. Used this method on my Cobra for 7 years and seats look like new.
Sweet!! Great info..

2003snake

Established Member

Ditto - I have brought seats back to life with this!!!!!!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
My method as well! :beer:

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
+1 on the wool light. If you go to the Alcantra website or the cobrabob website you can get the official manufactures cleaning instructions. If I remember right I think its just water.

Users who are viewing this thread