How many 04 Cobras were test driven bySVT

metaman

Established Member
To answer the original question, I am pretty sure they test drove every 30th car down the line to insure that everything was going right during the assembly process.

gduquett

SVT Rocks
Established Member
I remember a sticker too - stating something a bout 19 or 9 miles of test miles. Bought it with 60 (it was already 16 months old on the dealer's lot) on the odo.

I need to dig through my stuff and find the sticker...

rd04svt

Established Member
Mine had a sticker on the window indicating SVT had tested the car and put 11 miles on it. The car had been on the lot < 2 weeks when I bought it and it still had 11.x miles on it.

04torchred

Established Member
Mine was. When I took delivery it had 69kms, I drove 10kms and they put on a few getting me a full tank of gas. I am starting to think almost everyone got one of those little cars/papers.

cobrasvt04

Established Member
I spoke with SVT last year. He said that about 200 cars from each run are test driven and in each category, coupe & vert. That means that about 800 cars total would be test driven. The miles driven where between 5 & 20 miles. He also said that the stickers were not put on the cars as to how many miles were driven.

Skywarp

Established Member
Mine came with 33 miles on it. It looks like alot of 04s were tested. Sticker was on the drivers window.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
Mine too. Had 6 miles on it. Computer wouldn't let it get any boost until about 70 miles were on it. Bought it hoping the gauge wasn't broken.... Guess they couldn't have done too much damage......

immortalstang

Established Member
Mine was test driven. It came with one of those small cards with the miles written on it. Problem was, the actual odometer reading was lower than what was on the card!!!

Users who are viewing this thread