how many of you daily drive on drag radials?

neckdemon

Established Member
just wondeirng how many of you use drag radials on a dialy driver, and how has your experince been with them? i've driven on nittos with a couple of fox body 5.0's, and i just put nittos on my '03 cobra. just wondering if i should expect any problems.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i am going this route from now on...

i tore up my regular tires after 8k of aggressive driving. so now i will just keep the dr's on the rear and just replace them more often. and i will get the benefit of great off the line traction and no wheel hop.

even tho it rarely rains here, last week i noticed that the dr's are fine if i just go real slow.

fibersrt-4

A top of the line neon
Established Member
i do! i drive on bfg,dr's im on my 4th set in a year. but i love them. in the rain i can only drive like 45mph but it rairly rains here in texas so....

neckdemon

Established Member
fibersrt-4 said:
i do! i drive on bfg,dr's im on my 4th set in a year. but i love them. in the rain i can only drive like 45mph but it rairly rains here in texas so....

the nitto's are supposedly way better for wet traction than the bfg's. i've never had a problem with the nittos on my 5.0's. but i never drive fast in the rain with a mustang anyway.

fibersrt-4

A top of the line neon
Established Member
yeah i try and not drive when its raining cause abilene doesnt have a drainage system! i dont wanna hydro lock my engine

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
2nd set of Nittos for my DD! The Goodyear GS 3s just sucked for lots of reasons.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nitto 315s out back and what a huge difference they made in hooking up. The first set I burned up in 7,500 miles or so but my second set has lasted going on 10k. I have babied them, and the car, a little more as time goes on. They ain't cheap ya know...

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
Nitto 315s out back and what a huge difference they made in hooking up. The first set I burned up in 7,500 miles or so but my second set has lasted going on 10k. I have babied them, and the car, a little more as time goes on. They ain't cheap ya know...

Same Here. Going on about 10K now....

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
+1. 305/45-18 in the Nitto NT555R flavor on the back of my L. Drive with them in the rain as well. Im used to being careful since F1s, and a truck suck in the rain anyway.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
nittos here, they wear a lil better than BFG's, (tread rating is like, 0 i beleive for the BFG's..) its not an issue unless its comin down,and hopefully, i'm not in the cobra. she pick up everything i've noticed.. gravel in particular.. cold weather, ( below 40.. let the car/ tires get warm, before tryin anything squirly..

Users who are viewing this thread