how much does a fully loaded s550 weigh?

liter of cola

Established Member
only info i can find is the standard curb weight number of 3705 lb's .

how high would the curb weight be with the standard leather seats, navi, shaker pro sound system, auto wipers, reverse camera sensor and manual trans???

anyone with these options ever weigh their car?

its probably has a lot to do with the smoothness of the irs but my friends s550 feels sooo much slower than my 2014 gt which has cloth recaros, and track pack and is manual too.

if i had to guess just by the feel of his s550 i'd say it weighs 3800 at least.

Last edited:

dynasty_365

Established Member
Yes like he said mine says 3770 or something like that. And I never feel my 15 feels heavy and I came from a base model 12 gt and that car just felt insanely fast with the 3.73's. Was always jumping and getting sideways. These new cars are so smooth and refined. Takes a little more to break the rear loose and the tune is just so smooth. It's not raw like my 12. But my 12 was also different than my friends 14gt/cs

liter of cola

Established Member
Yeah that sounds about right... I mean the car doesnt feel heavy in terms of handling it just doesnt accelerate with the same attitude as my 14', i forgot to mention he has 3.73's too so the gear isnt the issue. The 14' just feels like it has 20-30 more hp. For sure the combo of the 157 extra lbs and the smoothness of that irs... Sure is a completley differant experiance.

I couldnt even drive it with boots cuz my pant leg kept catching the plastic cover above the clutch. had to tuck the tongue in and roll my jeans up, lol

Last edited:

DivineStrike

Established Member
Fully loaded Coupe GT's are in the 3820 range. Give or take a few lbs. Only options my 2015 Prem GTPP is missing is BLIS, ACC, upgraded shaker, and memory seats. Mine weighed 3810 with a full tank of gas and nothing removed.

5.0jake

Established Member
Ive had a 12' GT with 3.73's, 14 GT auto, 15' GT with 3.55's and my 14' auto clearly felt the fastest stock. The 15 is the nicer ride but I miss my 14' at times.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
As stated above, the 15s are so well rounded and refined that they're almost boring to drive. I'm gonna throw some money at mine and see if I can make it more fun, as right now it's a basic intake/exhaust/tune car

Users who are viewing this thread