(How to tell an) Aluminator ?

UptonMustang

The FASTER Cobra
Established Member
This seems like a dumb question, but I'm going to check out another Cobra this weekend and the seller claims that it has an aluminator in. I've seen pics of the motor with blue bright blue valve covers, but anybody could slap those on a stock motor. How can you tell the difference in blocks?

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
I believe that is the only aluminum block that has the correct bolt pattern for the 03-04 cobra timing cover. If you can see that the block is aluminum and that it has all the timing cover bolts you should be good. The one that doesnt line up with other aluminum blocks is the one just to the right of the water pump, third down from the top. May be hard to see with the pulley bridge, but finding serial numbers can sometimes be harder to find

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
I would also ask for the receipts of the build...

THIS OR BUST. I've found all too often that bad sellers will tell you anything to get the sale, only to pawn off their problems on your if things go South. :nonono:

Build receipts, or it didn't happen, simple.

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Look at the block. From what I gather the Aluminum blocks ARE NOT BLACK. They are aluminum in color HAHA

Users who are viewing this thread