Hpf m3 vs kb cobra

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Woulda coulda shoulda, that import outpowered the Cobra, wich looked fast as shit when he got on it the first time, props to the 6 cyl. However he did it, it works well, and all this from a fellow Cobra owner, give credit where credit's due. If the Cobra owners want to start complaining about money invested, go to the dragstrip and look at all the pos old 5.0's with 12K$ engines in a 2K$ chassis that would smoke your ass, and wonder what they say when a 30K$ Cobra with 8K$ worth of mods gets embarrassed.

Best point ever. :beer: /end of well this cost this and that's only.....arguement

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
yeah cobra lost, but look what it cost to get the M3 to be that fast vs what it cost the cobra to be fast...
Termis aren't great cuz they just win all the time.
they are great cuz it doesn't take a whole crap load of money to make them fast as hell.
Like others have said, put $16k into a cobra...
And how much more does an M3 run msrp or used?
Yeah thats the point here. High dollar car with ever higher dollar mods to be a low dollar car with low dollar mods.

jeffs

Established Member
yeah cobra lost, but look what it cost to get the M3 to be that fast vs what it cost the cobra to be fast...
Termis aren't great cuz they just win all the time.
they are great cuz it doesn't take a whole crap load of money to make them fast as hell.
Like others have said, put $16k into a cobra...
And how much more does an M3 run msrp or used?
Yeah thats the point here. High dollar car with ever higher dollar mods to be a low dollar car with low dollar mods.
Then you counter with more mods then he counters and back and forth and bla, bla, bla.On this day that goofy car pulled a strong running twin screw cobra, end of story and I'm impressed with the Mercedes or Bmw or whatever that thing is. No I wouldn't trade my cobra for it, but I sure wouldn't bet on my car to win a race against it though either. The thing ran strong.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Nice! That cobra got spanked.No shame loosing to a fast m3 like that. I will say the obvious though that whipple or kb cobras come in many strengths too. Mine for instance is your average mild 17lb 589rwp whip snake another cobra in town has run 9.80s at 138mph on the same 2.3 blower. So results will vary lol!

SilverNine

Established Member
To pull as much power out of those M3's as HPF does is impressive, especially on stock internals.... its not like the M division doesn't pull every bit of power out of the 3.2 that they can..... that m3 rips...impressive

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
Meh... It's not the first time a KB Cobra has lost so I don't see that video making any headlines.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I really hate it when people throw out the Money Line....
Power is power , stop with the money comparisions...

of course you do because your driving a 08 Z06! The point is any car can be made fast with enough money. The trick for the average person is to make as much power for as little money spent as possible. People are complaining about how they could make more power for less than 16K that's all.

Power IS NOT Power when it can be made for cheaper and then dumped back into the car for even more power

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I really hate it when people throw out the Money Line....
Power is power , stop with the money comparisions...

Yeah sorry we can't all afford to live in Cali and drive a Z06.

Unfortunately you still couldn't pay for an education. "comparison"

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
it's a fast M3 no doubt about it, but honestly, you throw $16k at ANYTHING and it'll be fast. I can make a scion fast with $16k in mods . . . it's fast but not really an accomplishment.

The allure around the cobra is that with around $3k in upgrades to a mid-low $20k car will get you a 500+hp monster.

On top of that $100 says that M3 spends more time at the shop than actually racing. I had an 04 M3 and my friend has a stage1 HPF M3 just liek that one, he's trying to get rid of it after it's fixed . . .

I never saw what was soooo remarkable about the //M cars performance-wise they're just not worth the money. If you want nice looking luxury sure maybe but otherwise ehh

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Ok. I'm finished laughing.

11414921kx4.jpg

11414931ig1.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL81sEttPaQ]YouTube - Street Legal Drags[/ame]

BM1

Established Member
of course you do because your driving a 08 Z06! The point is any car can be made fast with enough money. The trick for the average person is to make as much power for as little money spent as possible. People are complaining about how they could make more power for less than 16K that's all.

Power IS NOT Power when it can be made for cheaper and then dumped back into the car for even more power

Everyone has a different budget. There's no sense in doing dollar for dollar bullshit. $1,000 in mods for one person might be considered a lot of money but at the same time pocket change for another. I guess if everyone had the exact same budget it would matter, but that's not the case and never will be.

Run what ya brung and leave the finance discussions at home.

Users who are viewing this thread