hypersilver saleen wheels

wudy

Established Member
I'm in the ultimate debate between buying hypercoated saleen's or chrome saleen's. I'm going to look at some hypercoated ones tomorrow. I've never seen them in person. That, and I'm putting wheels on a white car.

I was thinking exactly that. They would look fantastic on white.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
hypersilver on white all the way.

im deciding on hypersilver for DSG as well.....

it seems like alot of you guys dont like rivets? i love them....i think it gives the wheel a more expensive look....even though its not a forged wheel haha.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
I'm in the ultimate debate between buying hypercoated saleen's or chrome saleen's. I'm going to look at some hypercoated ones tomorrow. I've never seen them in person. That, and I'm putting wheels on a white car.

what color is your car? now i am in the same boat. im starting to consider chrome on DSG. at first i was against it, but it looks so good! it is just too common...:(

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The hypercoated wheels can look damn shiny in the right conditions.

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

topupfrontquarter.jpg

newsaleens2.jpg

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
Nice looking wheels, but the big winner is your old Saleen. Gorgeous car. Do you miss it?

Thanks for the compliment...I actually DON'T miss it:shrug: the car was definitely sexy but it was slow to say the least. The non-pi 2valve motors sucked!

Now I have the best of both worlds and am completely satisfied...98 cobra with full saleen makeover. This gives me the sexiness of the sn95 saleens with the 4valve motor to back it up:pepper:

96S/Cobra

Established Member
These are gunmetal gray with rivets. Some people like them and some don't. I know the pics are not very good, but it gives you an example of gunmetal wheels on a white car.

100_1864.jpg

100_2067.jpg

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
ttt

Anyone have these on a black car? I'm between black and gunmetal saleens. I like the gunmetals to stay true to the anthracite color of the stock 10th wheels.........

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
the hyperblack look very close to black chrome in the right light when they are clean....that would be my suggestion.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Hypercoated Saleens look excellent...but I've always been confused by the difference between hyperblack and hypersilver. Is there a difference or is that just what different suppliers call the same thing? How is the finish done? I've seen hyperblack...who makes hypersilver Saleens?

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Hypercoated Saleens look excellent...but I've always been confused by the difference between hyperblack and hypersilver. Is there a difference or is that just what different suppliers call the same thing? How is the finish done? I've seen hyperblack...who makes hypersilver Saleens?

Yes there is a good difference. Here is a link to Linea Corsa wheels for a ctsv...Linea Corsa CTS-v. There are pictures of a black car with hypersilver and hyperblack...it is not a mustang but a V instead if you want to see the color combo.

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Yes there is a good difference. Here is a link to Linea Corsa wheels for a ctsv...Linea Corsa CTS-v. There are pictures of a black car with hypersilver and hyperblack...it is not a mustang but a V instead if you want to see the color combo.

Thanks for the link. I can see the difference now on this site and the earlier pics posted above. Both hypercoated styles look excellent. I like the defintion of the hyperblack, but I hear the hyperblacks look dark a night while the silvers stand out more. Not sure which would look best on my Performance Red Cobra (which is real bright)? Probably the brighter color.

The gunmetal's look really great on darker Cobra's above...much better than black wheels...IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread