hypothetical... fines/prison term?

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Hypothetical question...

Anyone know what the fine estimates are for various speeding?

10 over in a 65 zone
15 over in a 65 zone
20 over in a 65 zone

etc...

I know they probably vary quite a bit by county and state but overall what is the average?

Here's a more extreme scenario...

what about street racing at 100-110 in a 45 zone?

Is this when they cuff you and drag your a$$ to prison never to see your car or the light of day again?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Fines vary depending on the state and conditions.

Like here in NJ, 10 over the posted speed limit is one fine, but if you are 10 over in a 65 MPH zone or construction zone, the fine is doubled.

Street racing is a whole other beast. You can get many many fines, including reckless driving, speeding, evading law enforcement, etc... Usually if caught at those speeds, you might as well tear your own license in half.

Good Luck

Hulk

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
FordSVTfan,

Thanks for the reply. That pretty much decides things for me then...

The street racing question was the big one that was on my mind. No street racing for me. It's pretty obvious that it's just not worth loosing the license or killing someone just for me to prove myself against the local F-bodies. I'll just have to save it for the track.

Ginsu

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Fines vary depending on the state and conditions.

Like here in NJ, 10 over the posted speed limit is one fine, but if you are 10 over in a 65 MPH zone or construction zone, the fine is doubled.

Street racing is a whole other beast. You can get many many fines, including reckless driving, speeding, evading law enforcement, etc... Usually if caught at those speeds, you might as well tear your own license in half.

Good Luck

Hulk

Exactly!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread