I blew a head gasket!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
She's running 20lbs of boost with the Whipple and lots of 100 octane and ARP2000 head studs.

I got on the freeway and hit it from about 50mph. It pulled like a friggin beast then started to lay over so I instantly let out of it.

TOO LATE! :cuss:

Antifreeze everywhere and lots of steam out the exhaust. I babied it home and had it towed to Modular Speedworx in Turlock.
Billy is going to fix it.

You guys running lots of boost, what head gaskets and studs do you use?

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
That sucks. Same bolts, dont know about gaskets. Didnt get my truck back. Your truck sounds like an animal. Best of luck L.Larry.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
are u using a multi-layer metal head gasket? if not, i believe thats the way to go. dont think you can really blow those

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
larry, you need a multi layer steel head gasket.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I dont know why the gaskets gave, ive seen em hold 250+ shots with no problems at all. :shrug:

I guess we should have just got on it, on the way up there, and saved the trip. :poke:

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
I know its alittle of topic, what #s do you see with 20#s? 1/4? Sorry and thanx Larry. Shouldnt the Ford gaskets w/ the arp's hold? Have seen other trucks with that setup. Its an animal...

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
QUIK BRIK said:
I know its alittle of topic, what #s do you see with 20#s? 1/4? Sorry and thanx Larry. Shouldnt the Ford gaskets w/ the arp's hold? Have seen other trucks with that setup. Its an animal...

No #s yet. It was going to be dynotuned this Sat. :(

Users who are viewing this thread