I have bad GAS(oline)

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
So I was gettin gas at the pump today, and I questioned myself as to if it would be beneficial for my truck that I find a station with individual hoses for the different octanes. Im talking about one filler thing for the 87, one for the 89 and one for 93, as opposed to all consolidated into one gun. If I go to a gas station with each pump only having one hose, and I pay for 93 octane, and the person before me paid for 87, whatever 87 is in those lines before goes right into my truck. And it seems like it could be quite a bit of 87 fuel, cause that hose looks damned long and goes undergound for however long...catchin what im throwin???

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
This is true however it may not affect octane as much as you think. It would take 4 gallons of 87 mixed with 21 gallons of 93 to bring the overall rating down one point to 92.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
This is true however it may not affect octane as much as you think. It would take 4 gallons of 87 mixed with 21 gallons of 93 to bring the overall rating down one point to 92.
Bob, you know entirely too much.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yeah their are less than 2 gal in the lines at the pump so it will never effect it enough to really hurt anything

bmfgsxr

Established Member
ive thought about this one for years. and when given the chance ill take a seperate hose over one hose for all types, but like fade mentioned its not enough to really make a difference. just make sure you are getting more than $10 at a time.. ideally you should just fill it up.

Users who are viewing this thread