I have some tire size/brand questions.

RAZOR Z

Established Member
Please give me some opinions and info if you can please...

I want to put some new tires on my Stock Mach wheels.

I would like to go with 275/40-17 at least in the rear...
Will this size also fit in the front?? If they won't I'll jus stick with the stock size tires in the front. 245/45-17.

Now I may only ever go to the track a couple times so they are really jus gonna be summer tires. I will switch back to the stock tires for winter time.

I'm was originally looking at the Nitto 555's, but they don't seem to be the best choice anymore. But I'll still consider them if guys think so..

I narrowed it down to the:

BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW or the KD - what's the big difference?

Nitto 555 - which series? I need a reccomendation.

I never really considered the Cooper Zeon 2XS but I heard in another post they were better the the BFG's and my dad works for Cooper Standard - 35% off!

Any other tires I'll consider if you think they are better.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Good Lord, the choices are endless, The Nitto 555 extreme ZRs are a good choice, I've gotten good mileage out of them and that's with plenty of track time.
Both 1/4 mile and road course. 1.8 60ft at the strip, But they are too hard for the road course (300 treadwear) so I switched to The Kuhmo Ecsta MX, much more grip but won't last near as long.
I've been dealing with tires a lomg time, (Inlaws owned a tire shop) and they are the one thing I've found that more money doesn't mean better quality.
I've had worse luck and seen more problems with the big name brands. So in short.
Good summer tires go Nitto, can't beat them for the price.
Cooper makes good tires also, just havent dealt with them lately.
JMO

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
You could possibly have a turning stop issue with the 275's up front. At steering wheel lock they may rub. I know the Terminator's have a crappy turning radius because of the wide tires.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
If you dont drive your car alot try out the KUMHO MXs. These things are awesome cant wait to see how my car does with them once I get the sfc,stb and springs installed.

245/45R17 Front
275/40R17 Rear
stock 99 Cobra 17x8" rims

Users who are viewing this thread