I NEED YOUR HELP/looking at used 07

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Here is the deal, found a GT500 I am in love with.
The dealer is pretty clueless about it. No factory window sticker.
Its a black 2007 with either alloy or tungsten striped, not silver.
Has 4200 miles on it with the Shaker 1000. Looks like a garage queen.Here is the problem, it has the Steeda cold air kit, axle back (not sure what brand), and a short throw shifter maybe?
My concern is with the Steeda Cold air kit, wouldnt it need a retune? There is no sign of a handheld tuner anywhere.
The dealer is going to look into this, as well as trying to get a window sticker so I know what color the stripes are, and the options. I told him it was imperative to get this information.
What should I offer them? They are asking $39800. Its at a rinky dinky local yocal dealership that has no clue about it. The salesman thought it was turbocharged. :nonono:
VIN# 1ZVHT88S575325817

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Here is the deal, found a GT500 I am in love with.
The dealer is pretty clueless about it. No factory window sticker.
Its a black 2007 with either alloy or tungsten striped, not silver.
Has 4200 miles on it with the Shaker 1000. Looks like a garage queen.Here is the problem, it has the Steeda cold air kit, axle back (not sure what brand), and a short throw shifter maybe?
My concern is with the Steeda Cold air kit, wouldnt it need a retune? There is no sign of a handheld tuner anywhere.
The dealer is going to look into this, as well as trying to get a window sticker so I know what color the stripes are, and the options. I told him it was imperative to get this information.
What should I offer them? They are asking $39800. Its at a rinky dinky local yocal dealership that has no clue about it. The salesman thought it was turbocharged. :nonono:
VIN# 1ZVHT88S575325817

be mindful the dealer always have a clue since they purchased it. As far as
the CAI, no worries, car comes with warranty. If you purchase, make sure you get the CAI & other mods in writing as it comes with vehicle. This way you won't have problems/Ford should something go wrong. As for the price, search the net, i.e. cars.com/trader, etc. you have a shitty economy working in your favor.

G/L

TexasShelby

Established Member
I would also see if you can get an Oasis report on it to see if TSB 8-16-04 (flywheel, clutch and syncro replacement) has been done and where it was done at.

I would purchase a tuner from Steeda with the tune in it and flash it before I drove it home just to make sure. But I'm sure it was done at the time of the install. Also see if you can get the name of previous owner and ask him about it.... if he didn't put a tune in, which I doubt, I'd make darn sure you had a good warranty on it.

Also, they had a TSB out on the pass. airbag that should have been done as well as one for a rattle in the top of the dash on both sides that will eliminate the rattle, but with a Shaker 1000 you may not hear or care it's there...:)

Hope this helps.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
be mindful the dealer always have a clue since they purchased it. As far as
the CAI, no worries, car comes with warranty. If you purchase, make sure you get the CAI & other mods in writing as it comes with vehicle. This way you won't have problems/Ford should something go wrong. As for the price, search the net, i.e. cars.com/trader, etc. you have a shitty economy working in your favor.

G/L

What color are your stripes, looks very similiar?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I just called the salesman again, and said I want the info Monday.
I am going to offer $37 and take it from there? Thats reasonalbe, right?

TexasShelby

Established Member
Hey DevilDog...

My aircraft mechanic has a Hayabusa he's about to sell, if you know anyone interested PM me, it's mostly just sat in our hangar and he waxes it...LOL

500 Blue

Established Member
I have got your window sticker downloaded, just click on Your Window Sticker to answer all your questions.

Good luck with the sale, btw MSRP shows $45060.00

I picked up a used 08 with 1700 miles about a month ago for $39K. But the car is worth whatever you want to pay, its up to you.

Let us know.

Kevin

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Oh they have a clue. I would offer them $33k. They will probably jump because if they are a small dealer, $40k is WAY to much to have tied up in one car. They can buy 15 more cheaper cars and have 15 more chances to rip people off.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I have got your window sticker downloaded, just click on Your Window Sticker to answer all your questions.

Good luck with the sale, btw MSRP shows $45060.00

I picked up a used 08 with 1700 miles about a month ago for $39K. But the car is worth whatever you want to pay, its up to you.

Let us know.

Kevin

Your the best! Many thanks! :beer:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
As I suspected, they wont budge on the $39860.
I offered them $35, and then $37.
They said spring is coming and they will get $39860 for it.
IDIOTS!
Looks like I may have to travel for the right one!

Users who are viewing this thread