I see what you did there? Explain...

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
What the hell does it mean? Someone posts something with one or more of the letters in the sentence in bold, then some freak scurries in and posts the obligatory "I see what you did there!" I thought the phrase was limited to funny pics where someone or something looks to be hiding something or ashamed, but it has somehow morphed into calling out people who type with bold lettering.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
If you don't understand then it's really hard to explain. I can and will later after a few more responses. I don't intend to be secretive just want to see what everyone else says.:shrug:

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
At first I did not get it, but after awhile I started to find it somewhat funny. I guess it all comes with spent time on the internet?

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
If you don't understand then it's really hard to explain. I can and will later after a few more responses. I don't intend to be secretive just want to see what everyone else says.:shrug:

Oh wait... Aha! I see what you did there. It's retarded, but I see what you did there, dammit.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
It's the mutuating-revolving 4096-megabit encryption key that reveals a set of mathematical coordinates in a post. You didn't think everyone here was just yakking away for nothing, did you? And to further obfuscate thing, the messages are not from the originator to the respondent, but rather the other way around. So if anyone ever does "break" the key, the message is still backwards. It helps if you read every thread from last to first; that and a little practice and you'll get it, too.

Jim Snover

stangin99

Established Member
It's the mutuating-revolving 4096-megabit encryption key that reveals a set of mathematical coordinates in a post. You didn't think everyone here was just yakking away for nothing, did you? And to further obfuscate thing, the messages are not from the originator to the respondent, but rather the other way around. So if anyone ever does "break" the key, the message is still backwards. It helps if you read every thread from last to first; that and a little practice and you'll get it, too.

Jim Snover

SHH! Jim, you're slowly giving away the secrets of SVTP.....as well as the true reasons why you put your quotes below your post. :rolling:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Dammit! If I keep on doing this we are going to run out of 4096-megabit prime-number encryption keys! Dammit!

Jim Snover

SHH! Jim, you're slowly giving away the secrets of SVTP.....as well as the true reasons why you put your quotes below your post. :rolling:

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
It's an expression of quiet, subdued admiration for one's wit.

I like this answer the best. I always wanted to be the one to post I see what you did there but someone always beats me to it... or maybe I'm just missing what someone did there first... I'm confused now.

Users who are viewing this thread