I washed my car with Peanut Butter...(Pics)

NXGHOST

Established Member
All you did is soak a bit of peanut oil onto the finish. After one waash or a few days of sunlight, you will be back where you were. You could have got the same results with Pam, Motor Oil, Baby oil, WD-40 and more. If you want the results to last much longer use proper products like Poorboys trim restore. The solvents remove the oxidization and protect from UV (Which is what causes oxidization).

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
mmmmmmmmmm i wonder how it smells after ur done.. yummy! :)

lets hope u dont have bugs jumping at you...heheh :thumbsup:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
I've heard about this, but I was never willing to try it. Now that I've sean befor and after pictures, and not just some, "Well, my dads friends bother in laws uncle did this" Wow. Good job.

GH1086

Established Member
Looks great! I wonder if this would work to get the wax off of some trim pieces on my car? I got some wax on some and it turned it white, it looks awful on my black car.

turbocake

Established Member
NXGHOST said:
All you did is soak a bit of peanut oil onto the finish. After one waash or a few days of sunlight, you will be back where you were. You could have got the same results with Pam, Motor Oil, Baby oil, WD-40 and more. If you want the results to last much longer use proper products like Poorboys trim restore. The solvents remove the oxidization and protect from UV (Which is what causes oxidization).

finally! some sense and rationale.

:beer:

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
haha i told you it worked. Just dont get it on the cars body or you have to re wax the part you just touched cause it strips wax off. But if you want an easier apllication next time try buying some natural peanut butter cause the oils sit on the top until you stir it and the oils is what does the work

SNAKEYE

Established Member
You'd probably get the same immediate results with used motor oil.

Question is "Will it last?".

Tis much better to maintain with something like ArmorAll (ya, ya, just take you time and apply it smoothly to the cowl cover) every couple of weeks than allow years of UV to bleach out the color.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
I wonder who came up with this. Seriously. "Man I have to do something about this oxidation....hmmm...let me try....peanut butter!" Or maybe they were eating a PB&J and dripped some on the plastic :shrug:

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
glad some one had the balls to try this god job, now go wash the car 4 or 5 times and post some more pics , Im curious how it will hold up

Users who are viewing this thread