idler pully bearing replacement

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
I have the lfp duece idler kit on my truck and both pullys have play and one moves about a quarter inch from side to side.
there is also what looks to be metal shavings around the bearings themself.

where can i get bearings? I plan on calling lfp tomorrow but wonderd if i should get them somewhere else?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
If it's the same setup as the Metco unit then I have the bearing part number at work. They cost around $10 each and you could get them locally. You will need a press to get the old ones out and the new ones in.

castellscl

Established Member
I have the same problem with mine from LFP. It's not really the bearings themselves, the WHOLE thing moves inside the aluminum pulley. In other words, if I removed the retaining ring then the whole bearing and casing would just fall out, no need for a press.....

Is this what yours is doing?

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
I have the same problem with mine from LFP. It's not really the bearings themselves, the WHOLE thing moves inside the aluminum pulley. In other words, if I removed the retaining ring then the whole bearing and casing would just fall out, no need for a press.....

Is this what yours is doing?

im pretty sure it is the bearings. I got the pullys used and there was minimal play in them.:rockon:

castellscl

Established Member
oh, the outer portion of my bearings, I guess it's the race or what ever, doesn't even fit tightly in the pulley.

It's like when the aluminum pulley was machined, they made the hole too big.

castellscl

Established Member
oh, the outer portion of my bearings, I guess it's the race or what ever, doesn't even fit tightly in the pulley.

It's like when the aluminum pulley was machined, they made the hole too big.

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
if I removed the retaining ring then the whole bearing and casing would just fall out, no need for a press.....

Bearings should be snug, sounds like the idlers are trash. Only solution would be to find slightly larger bearings. I install my bearings with a race die set from Napa and a rubber hammer, no issues yet.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
If this is the idler setup that you have you will need Federal-Mogul bearing 203-FF.

It is also the same bearing for our stock pullies.

219df4cc4751d6f81f097b9d0435471dima.jpg

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
called local napa, he will have them later today for me.

i have 2 pullys that need replacing, guessing i need 2 bearings total?

thanks ride the

Users who are viewing this thread