I'm all in.

lethal

Established Member
The order was placed back in November, I took the last "official" GT500 allocation my dealer had. I just delivered my 03 Terminator to its new owner. It was a fun ride, and I got a good price for the car, so no complaints. Made a new friend, we will stay in touch. Drove from Fort Lauderdale to Jacksonville today (the halfway point), rented a car back. Transaction could not have been smoother. New owner literally giddy and brought whole family with them to pickup. The car drove so smooth, so awesome. I had 75K miles with her and loved every minute. We both made it home safe, even with the bad weather.

So, I'm officially waiting for the new ride, due in September/October. Not a bad bday gift =) Excited is an understatement. Thanks for listening to me ramble, part therapy, part looking ahead, nothing but fun. :pepper:

John

Last edited:

Carl

Established Member
Congrats, you're gonna love it. You got the fastest and best color combo! :beer:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Congrats and good luck, lethal! I sold my '97 Cobra AFTER I had a "confirmed" order in with my local dealer last year. (I had the Vehicle Order Confirmation and Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement in-hand.) The new owner was similarly thrilled to get such a low mileage, garage queen. Three months later, the dealer finally admitted they didn't have an allocation for the car they "sold" me. I was devastated (and pissed-off about being lied to).

I ended up locating my own "replacement" car 1500 miles away. I canceled my "order" and spent time & money traveling to take delivery. Then, I put 1500 miles on my brand new car bringing it home. In the end, I love my car. As you might imagine, however, I will NEVER do business with the local Ford dealer again, and will do EVERYTHING in my power to dissuade others from doing so. (They did NOTHING more than refund my deposit, LONG after taking it under false pretense, despite having cost me over $1K and 1500 miles on a brand new car.) I hope your dealer is more honorable than mine was.

lethal

Established Member
Norton-

That sucks. Luckily, I have my DORA and I'm actually dealing with the same dealership I bought from originally. I put off the priority until the end of the run, I wanted to enjoy the 03 and find just the right buyer, succeeded in both. I wanted to sell before the 25th, when my insurance renews, so I'll save a little until the new beast arrives.

I'm glad you got your car, I'm hoping mine is just as simple, should have my VIN in a few weeks =)

John

I understand about placing a order.
i placed my order on 11/30/12,received DORA on 12/7/12.
My order was just schuled for 8/12/13 through 8/16/13.
ETA is 9/7/13 but subject to change by Ford for delevery too dealer.
Received my Vin.,# also & now it is a reality of getting built.
So I do know how mant of you guys feel about placing a order.
Getting closer every day that goes by now.
Louisiana;

lethal

Established Member
I understand about placing a order.
i placed my order on 11/30/12,received DORA on 12/7/12.
My order was just schuled for 8/12/13 through 8/16/13.
ETA is 9/7/13 but subject to change by Ford for delevery too dealer.
Received my Vin.,# also & now it is a reality of getting built.
So I do know how mant of you guys feel about placing a order.
Getting closer every day that goes by now.
Louisiana;

I'm going to Germany in September, so I'm fine with an October delivery =)

Best of luck to you. Hopefully, late this year we will both be in our dream cars.

Users who are viewing this thread