Intake/tune already, what should be next?

ArabianOak

Established Member
I loved the gain I received with just an intake and tune but what should be next without being too drastic? Anything easy that yields a few more pony's?

I don't want to mess with the exhaust at all, as I love the stock sound with the baffles out...

What else is there?

Thanks!

cloud9

Established Member
I loved the gain I received with just an intake and tune but what should be next without being too drastic? Anything easy that yields a few more pony's?

I don't want to mess with the exhaust at all, as I love the stock sound with the baffles out...

What else is there?

Thanks!
I would recommend one of these:

blowncamaro.jpg

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
What do you plan on doing with the car? These mods won't give you power but they'll help you go faster. MGW shifter, springs/adj panhard bar, lca's, aluminum driveshaft, alloy wheels/tires. I have the 2012 Shelby GT500 clutch pedal assembly , haven't had a bit of trouble with shifting or pedal sticking to the ground.....and I've launched mine a few times on MT's :coolman:. Longtube headers gave me 36hp/40tq on the stock tune, easy gains there when you are ready.

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
What do you plan on doing with the car? These mods won't give you power but they'll help you go faster. MGW shifter, springs/adj panhard bar, lca's, aluminum driveshaft, alloy wheels/tires. I have the 2012 Shelby GT500 clutch pedal assembly , haven't had a bit of trouble with shifting or pedal sticking to the ground.....and I've launched mine a few times on MT's :coolman:. Longtube headers gave me 36hp/40tq on the stock tune, easy gains there when you are ready.

Do long tube headers allow you to retain the stock quad exhaust?

RTD

Established Member
Not mine, I have American Racing, not available. I believe Kooks has an available option to keep the side pipes.

Yes, Kooks makes a system that includes long tube headers, a catless or catted H-pipe with outlets for the side pipes, and axleback with mufflers. It's very nice but pricey.

As for the OP, there's not much more you can do power-wise if an exhaust is out, short of FI.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
the main and first question is what are you goals? why do you want to change the car?

my suggestion would be to spend the money on track tires, goodyear eagle rs(racing special) and on entry fees to get some road course seat time.

your car will be faster when you have learned to drive it better.

bpmurr

Established Member
Not mine, I have American Racing, not available. I believe Kooks has an available option to keep the side pipes.

American Racing has a Quad pipe option now as well. I was just talking to them yesterday at Carlisle. Right now it's only a X but he would make a H pipe if people are interested.

LostPony

Established Member
the main and first question is what are you goals? Why do you want to change the car?

My suggestion would be to spend the money on track tires, goodyear eagle rs(racing special) and on entry fees to get some road course seat time.

Your car will be faster when you have learned to drive it better.

+1

65sohc

Established Member

What else is there?

Thanks!

Which intake and tune do you have? I'm surprised there isn't more discussion on the topic of tunes for this car. Tuning threads on the 5.0 GT are endless and I want to know if the Boss results are in line with other Mustangs, which is to say, substantial.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Does anyone have a video with the Kooks? I really want to do their setup but would like to have an idea of what to expect from the sound change first.

LindsayEOD

Established Member
American Racing has a Quad pipe option now as well. I was just talking to them yesterday at Carlisle. Right now it's only a X but he would make a H pipe if people are interested.

Any idea on price? I couldn't find it on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread