Interest check for GB for Racebronco heat extractor style hoods!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Of course I just bought a cowl hood at the end of last year and now this is available... ugh me want!

2003 Venomous

Established Member
I want the full on CF hood, please let me know when the GB is available and I will send in my Deposit. Really want to get one of the hoods from this first run.

weaselp1

Established Member
count me in! i have wanted what racebronco has for a while now! steve, please PM paypal info and i can send over!

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
im going to add a list to see how many "seriously interested" people we have. so we can all keep track of the progress and if its getting any real lift to get off the ground.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Seriously interested here. Not committing yet as I need to research what a local place would charge to prep and paint.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Steve, I think you should throw some pictures in here so more people have an idea of what its all about. Obviously the people who are seriously interested are already aware of this but I think it would help!!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve, I think you should throw some pictures in here so more people have an idea of what its all about. Obviously the people who are seriously interested are already aware of this but I think it would help!!

pics via link in the OP

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Seriously interested here. Not committing yet as I need to research what a local place would charge to prep and paint.

probably about $200 or so i would think. the FG would require a little work, mostly sanding. some times it can need a little filler here and there. nothing crazy like an aftermarket body kit. thats one good thing about replicating a stock hood
CF just needs to be sanded. it comes perfect.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
probably about $200 or so i would think. the FG would require a little work, mostly sanding. some times it can need a little filler here and there. nothing crazy like an aftermarket body kit. thats one good thing about replicating a stock hood
CF just needs to be sanded. it comes perfect.

Humm I need to find a friend in the industry or something. I called a few local shops and as soon as they hear it's not a stock metal hood they know what's involved. Most places are telling me $800 ~ $1000 to prep and paint. I did tell them CF on top and only FG on the bottom. The cheapest quote I got was $400 and he said that's only if it's in as good a shape as a stock metal hood and requires no prep. I'll keep looking around though.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
$800 to $1000 is crazy. i dont know if that includes blending or not but thats a lot.

theyre probably expecting a ton of prep work based on previous experience but they wont be like that. they'd have to see them in person to give you a decent price. but then that means you have to buy one lol

MalcolmV8

Established Member
$800 to $1000 is crazy. i dont know if that includes blending or not but thats a lot.

theyre probably expecting a ton of prep work based on previous experience but they wont be like that. they'd have to see them in person to give you a decent price. but then that means you have to buy one lol

No blending. Yup seeing the hood is the only way to get an exact quote and of course that means I already bought it lol :)

MalcolmV8

Established Member
BTW Steve, would you guys be interested in a minor customization on a hood if I get one? and if so how much? Here's a pic of my stock hood. It's been rubbing on the Whipple because the 2.9 is to big. You can see where I started cutting a clearance spot, it needs to be bigger and go over to the center of the hood. Seems like you guys are really good with fiberglass and could bang it out in 2 seconds where as I'd waste hours cutting and fiberglassing it in myself.

photo%25202.JPG

cj428mach

Established Member
I'd think a shop would be charging at least $200 for the materials plus the labor.

Malcolm you need to find a guy that does it on the side, I have a friend that paints for a living and for small stuff like a hood he can get enough of the common colors from work to do the job for free. To straighten a hood out like that and paint it I'm assuming he'd be in the $350 range and if he got into blending all the panels probably a lot more.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
BTW Steve, would you guys be interested in a minor customization on a hood if I get one? and if so how much? Here's a pic of my stock hood. It's been rubbing on the Whipple because the 2.9 is to big. You can see where I started cutting a clearance spot, it needs to be bigger and go over to the center of the hood. Seems like you guys are really good with fiberglass and could bang it out in 2 seconds where as I'd waste hours cutting and fiberglassing it in myself.

photo%25202.JPG

no. there will be a mold made based on Rons existing hood. they will all be exactly like that. Carlos only works on the prototype hoods. he doesnt touch the finished products. he will earn a cut of every hood sold though. if you wanted something custom like that you'd have to either modify it yourself or maybe hit up carlos to make you your own one off hood. but then you really better be prepared to spend some $ lol. find a stock hood to send to him, pay him to mod it, then pay to have it painted (and shipped).

MalcolmV8

Established Member
no. there will be a mold made based on Rons existing hood. they will all be exactly like that. Carlos only works on the prototype hoods. he doesnt touch the finished products. he will earn a cut of every hood sold though. if you wanted something custom like that you'd have to either modify it yourself or maybe hit up carlos to make you your own one off hood. but then you really better be prepared to spend some $ lol. find a stock hood to send to him, pay him to mod it, then pay to have it painted (and shipped).

No problem, just thought I'd check. I could mod it myself if needed. I found a decent local place that's saying they could do it as low as $350 if the quality of the hood is as good as you say (I'm sure it will be). However been my car is yellow they said they have to blend the fenders or it'll stand out and not match and that's another $150 per fender.
I'll give it some thought and let you know if I'm in or not. Thanks for answering everything so far :thumbsup:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
No problem, just thought I'd check. I could mod it myself if needed. I found a decent local place that's saying they could do it as low as $350 if the quality of the hood is as good as you say (I'm sure it will be). However been my car is yellow they said they have to blend the fenders or it'll stand out and not match and that's another $150 per fender.
I'll give it some thought and let you know if I'm in or not. Thanks for answering everything so far :thumbsup:

you could get carbon fiber and rock it as is for a while and then paint it later when you have the $.

bubblehead93

Established Member
Steve, really excited about this hood, I'm leaning towards carbon fiber, I have never seen a CF/FG hood before... pros/cons of all CF vs. a CF/FG hood other than weight... what do we think the weight differential will be between the all FG vs CF/FG vs all CF hoods?

Users who are viewing this thread