Interior Painting

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I'd like to spice up my interior a little bit. I just went to see my brother's brand new 04 Mach 1 and got me thinking.

I know lots of guys have painted their interiors but can't find any info with no "search "button.
Help me out guys.

I'm looking into painting the bezel, center consol and maybe the arm rests on the door. Silver, grey, or black and maybe shoot a coat of clear.

Post some pics guys to give ideas.

Steeda1

Established Member
I'm planing on doing the same thing. A few months ago someone posted pics of a sonic blue car that had painted interior...It looked sweet as hell!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
J69Gordon (Or JL69Gordon maybe) on this site painted his. His car is DSG and he painted his console, armrests, and guage surround DSG also, using regular automotive paint. Looks sweet as hell on that car. Doesnt contrast at all.

4CEFED

Looters Choice
Established Member
Heres some pics of mine.......had the local auto parts store mix up a exact match. It was a type of paint made just for interiors.
dsc01445.jpg

dsc01447.jpg

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I just had mine in the paint shop for the same thing but they were too scared to do it so I'm on my own or find another shop. Probably better off to find another shop. I know it can be done. Need to find someone else with more experience. Can't wait though. Mysti is going to look sweet on the inside door bezels and center console!

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I'm debating between black and silver.

Hey BBriBro- I looked at all the threads from a year ago and started from the most replies. After 20 pages I found your insightful thread and brought it back from the dead. Old school search baby.

Now I have a question for you. Did you have to take your radio out to take the console off? I read the instructions from the mustangworld link and though tthat was unnecessary.

BBriBro

Established Member
No, I did not take the radio out. And the two center air vents can be removed once you have the bezel out and in your hand, It's easier to work with that way. Just pull on it pretty hard, there are some strong plastic clips around the sides, but no screws that hold it in.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I found this company awhile back. They seem to do great work for painting. I cant afford to right now, hopefully next winter, I'll be able to send the door handle and vent housing. Prolly get a carbon fiber or straight black paint job. Check em out. http://dash-kit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread