Iphone OS 4 jailbreak?

2002stanggt

Established Member
How does it blow?
Its good for 3gs and 4 but it slowed the shit out of my 3g and it doesn't do half the stuff that it does for those models. I.E. Multi-tasking, wallpaper for your main screen and alot of apps are not working properly with the new software like Facebook and others.

tj04cobra

Established Member
Its good for 3gs and 4 but it slowed the shit out of my 3g and it doesn't do half the stuff that it does for those models. I.E. Multi-tasking, wallpaper for your main screen and alot of apps are not working properly with the new software like Facebook and others.

What about restoring the phone and then jailbreaking it? Don't know a whole lot about what you can do. I do have 4os on my 3GS and it works flawlessly.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
There are jailbreaks out for os4 but their MAC based

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
A dude around here was selling me a slightly used 3gs 32 gigz with a jailbroken OS 4 for $400... too much for said phone IMO

DanTheMan18

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2VWzLOQ51s"]YouTube- Downgrade 4.0 And 3.1.3 Firmware To 3.1.2 iPhone And iPod Touch JAILBREAK SPIRIT[/nomedia]

I'm going to try this now.. currently downloading the firmware, 290 mb's.. if it works I'll post up a link to the firmware download, otherwise, I don't want to post up and recommend something that might not work.

Tonight, I'm either going to have 3.1.3 back on my 3G, or I'm going to be ordering a iPhone 4.

Yep.. I'm another pissed 3G user. 4.0 has basically turned my phone into an iDumb, always catching up to the text that I type in. The folders are cool, but not worth this laggy crap.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
YouTube- Downgrade 4.0 And 3.1.3 Firmware To 3.1.2 iPhone And iPod Touch JAILBREAK SPIRIT

I'm going to try this now.. currently downloading the firmware, 290 mb's.. if it works I'll post up a link to the firmware download, otherwise, I don't want to post up and recommend something that might not work.

Tonight, I'm either going to have 3.1.3 back on my 3G, or I'm going to be ordering a iPhone 4.

Yep.. I'm another pissed 3G user. 4.0 has basically turned my phone into an iDumb, always catching up to the text that I type in. The folders are cool, but not worth this laggy crap.

I find it very odd 4g OS on 3Gs either works insanely better, or insanely worse, especially since all phones have the exact same hardware profile/specifications. Id go back to 3.1.3 as well if i had the same issues, fake "multitasking" and folders arent worth those issues youre having.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I find it very odd 4g OS on 3Gs either works insanely better, or insanely worse, especially since all phones have the exact same hardware profile/specifications. Id go back to 3.1.3 as well if i had the same issues, fake "multitasking" and folders arent worth those issues youre having.

Both the people complaining in this thread are 3G users.

3GS users aren't having any problems.

DanTheMan18

Established Member
The 3GS has a much better processor, and (I believe, but can't find anything to back me up so I might be wrong) more RAM.

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
my 3g also runs terribly with the new OS, I'd like to figure out how to restore it back to the previous version.

DanTheMan18

Established Member
yeah 256 meg in the 3GS vs 128 in the 3G

Thanks! I knew I wasn't making stuff up. lol

my 3g also runs terribly with the new OS, I'd like to figure out how to restore it back to the previous version.

The tutorial I posted a link to.. somewhat works, but it also requires putting the phone into DFU mode.. which isn't hard, and honestly if this works I won't mind typing it all up to help all the other 3Ger's get back to 3.1.3.

Just put it in DFU mode and waiting to see if the 3.1.3 software is going to error out on me again.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Both the people complaining in this thread are 3G users.

3GS users aren't having any problems.

ah my bad, i thought he was the same guy in another thread with a 3Gs and having issues.

though my GF has a standard 3g and went to 4G OS and hers is considerably faster. Its not as fast as it was out of the box, but its definitely faster than it was before upgrading. She used to have choppy screens and laggy keys, but now its smooth.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
there is a problem uploading custom files through itunes latest update as well..

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
This is exactly why I didn't upgrade to OS 4. I'm selling my Jailbroken 3g in two weeks and getting the Iphone 4.

Good luck with it.

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
iphone-sucks-400x318.jpg

DanTheMan18

Established Member
Wow. Not sure how I did it, but somehow between the original video I posted, putting the phone in DFU mode, utilizing various tools in this thread (The Ultimate Downgrade Tutorial), dealt with trying to get rid of a 1015 error for a while using a program that refused to work with Windows 7, and getting lucky enough that the last backup I did through iTunes was in April, I've got 3.1.3 again. Lost most of my pictures, texts from 14 Apr on, and apps that I never backed up.. but..

If you want to tackle it, feel free, but I couldn't even begin to tell you how I did it. There for a while I thought I bricked the thing..

Wish I was more help, but this just left me more confused than anything.. at least I somehow got lucky enough to get it to work.

Users who are viewing this thread