is a 4lb lower setup worth it/ necessary

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
so i am about to put on my ported blower with my 60# injectors, and BAP. my question is, is the 4lb lower setup necessary. right now my car makes just shy of 500/500 with a pulley, full exhaust, and a larger heat exchanger. im not looking to compete with guys that have twin screws, but my question is, will the 4lb lower make enough difference that ill wish i did it after i get another tune. an comments are greatly appreciated

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
So if I wanted to keep the car where it is now, I can stomp on it in 2nd gear an up without losing it, I hear alot of the twin scree guys complain about the need for a straight away in third gear to really get on it... That's not what I want. Should I just leave the 4# lower for later then?

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
Your car made just shy 500/500 without a ported Eaton?

As I am aware every dyno is different, my question was aimed at the worth of putting the 4# lower on the car. I am not chasing magical numbers, I was really trying to get people to chime in on the worth of the add on, and whether the added torque was worth it, rather than just making xxx horsepower, with nothing to show for it except new tires every season

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I don't have any specific details as my car is currently stock but I have been doing a lot of research on this to plan my mods.

From what I've heard the 4lb lower makes a pretty good difference on a ported car.

The 2.76 and 4lb lower is gonna be an aggresive pulley cobra and POSI is probably the best person to talk to since he's porting your blower.

Hope this helps lol

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I would put the lower on. Probably not much more on the HP but you will definitely pick up some good torque!

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
i have a stage 5 port 2.76 upper and 4lb lower and i love it i had just the upper on first then put the lower on and made a big change in the car. it made 519 and 543 with 19 deg of timing. i would say do it for shure the torque is a blast. hope this helps.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
As I am aware every dyno is different, my question was aimed at the worth of putting the 4# lower on the car. I am not chasing magical numbers, I was really trying to get people to chime in on the worth of the add on, and whether the added torque was worth it, rather than just making xxx horsepower, with nothing to show for it except new tires every season

I hear you ... I just got my Eaton POSI ported and I'm going to give it a shot with the 2.76" upper only! ...If I'm not happy, the 4# lower will be going on! :beer:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I have heard of too many (more than none) cranks break with an aftermarket lower :shrug: so I am not a fan :nono:

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
i have a stage 5 port 2.76 upper and 4lb lower and i love it i had just the upper on first then put the lower on and made a big change in the car. it made 519 and 543 with 19 deg of timing. i would say do it for shure the torque is a blast. hope this helps.

Thank you, that was just the advice I was looking for, thanks everyone else for your input... It's nice that this forum is helpful and quick to respond

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Thank you, that was just the advice I was looking for, thanks everyone else for your input... It's nice that this forum is helpful and quick to respond

...You go to LVD at all??

Here's what my new set-up looks like...Best of luck!!

31.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread