Is a Aftermarket Heat exchanger needed??

03Bite

Established Member
I have an 08 shelbygt500 and I am about to put a VMP 2.65" pulley and JLT cold air intake on it along with custom tuning. I live in Lower Wisconsin so the air temps range in that 70-85's in the summer. Is it a must that I switch to an aftermarket heat exchanger? If there are guys running this same combo let me know what you think.

Willie2

Established Member
if you are you going to do repeated roll races, daily drive or track your car then yes

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
A good aftermarket heat exchanger will help even a stock GT500.
Put it on your list.

03Bite

Established Member
all right then. Which one are most people using? The Afco or the shelby one or????

Van@RevanRacing

all right then. Which one are most people using? The Afco or the shelby one or????

The Shelby Revan/C&R Heat Exchanger with dual fans was out a year before AFCO introduced their dual fan heat exchanger.

Afco had a larger non-fan heat exchanger on the market in early 07 for the GT500's.

Shoot me a PM or an email or give mea call if you are interested in a heat exchanger for your car.

Van
[email protected]
561-445-7702

bpmurr

Established Member
The Afco and Van's unit are both nice pieces. You can't go wrong with either one. I will say that at least Van's unit has test data to back it up. Still waiting for that H/E showdown.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I use Vans myself(shelby)
Great fitment, and great product support at your disposal.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I have the AFCo but I must says vans support for his products or even other products Is superb...

Van helped me with my AFCO and I must
Say if I were to do it again I would have gotten his...
Van is the Shelby cooling guru...

I vote yes for a must have... And in this TExas 100 degre heat my cAr always fell flat on her face until I got the HE..

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I have a Revan on the way and will follow it with a VMP 2.65" pulley. I would not add the pulley without it. I live about 25 miles south of the WI border.

Users who are viewing this thread