Is my fuel system E85 Ready?

adova

Established Member
I was hoping you guys could help me nail down some details on my fuel system and figure out what I have and if I am ready for the E85 switch. According to the seller, I have a "Fore fuel system" and he installed "Dual GT40 pumps into a triple hat".

When I look at the Fuel Rails, they are Fore. They are plumbed in parallel.

Looking in the trunk, it appears that the FPDM is stock. The current injectors are Ford racing 60#, although I already have purchased some ID1000's.

I need to get under the car today and see what else i can determine - I am still not sure if this is a returnless or return style system.

Thoughts?

mkb116

Established Member
Do you see a fuel regulator? If so you have a return system.

What kind of power are you making at the moment?

adova

Established Member
It is returnless - I just got done installing some catted mid-pipes (for emissions) and got a chance to do a once over of the underside. There is a single hose going from a Y connector near the tank into the engine compartment and then into another Y connector to the two fuel rails.

The FPDM has been modified to a Black 306 - from what I can see, this is a mod to the OEM FPDM.

I have not had it on the dyno myself, but the seller produced a dyno sheet reading 644 / 604. This was in North Carolina and I am in Colorado.

mkb116

Established Member
Not knowing what kind of fuel was used to make the 644, it seems to me like you'll be ready to go to e85 with those ID1000's.

I'm at 750 wheel on e85 with a lethal return system, and I've got room left. My understand is that the return style is easier to tune than returnless. Shouldn't matter much realistically.

Users who are viewing this thread