Jay Leno's garage reviews the SRT Hellcat *video*

Toofer89

Established Member
That guy was pushing the "dial it back" thing way too much. They should offer models without that feature and some of the other luxury things. that would lighten up the car a little bit and could make it more affordable. Overall doesn't look bad. Would drive.

musclefan21

Established Member
Amazing video, amazing car. I would definitely buy one of those.

However, 4400lbs at 707hp hellcat vs 3800lbs at 662 hp gt500.. on paper the gt500 should be easily quicker... that transmission and gearing must really be very efficient.

scott_0

Established Member
that was a great video!!!!! I love all of Jay's videos and this one was no different. Dodge has knocked it outta the park with this car. this car is going to sound intoxicating with an exhaust!

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Sometimes Jay sounds like he has no clue. Like when he talks about the supercharger sucking air.
You're with the CEO, ask about the pizzacutter rear tires! Oh just because it has more power than a Aventador doesn't its a worthy comparison.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I heard the Hellcat in race mode the other day on the road, I could hear the auto trans bang through the gears. I fell in love.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
awesome. that thing sounds insane for a stock car. and that touchscreen setup and customizable gauge display is pretty cool too.

va boy

Established Member
Amazing piece of engineering work, I'd drive it.
Looking forward to seeing some posts in the road kill section to see how the Blue Oval is gonna stand up to these.

Last edited:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Great vid. I am very interested in picking one up. I want to wait a little while for them to hit the streets to see what problems they may have. The ZL1 was overhyped and promised the world but fell on its face. I hope this car exceeds expectations. It is absolutely beautiful.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Good video, I always have enjoyed Jays Youtube videos and it was nice hearing his thoughts on the car. I like the hellcat alot but I still don't think I would get ride of my Shelby for one

R1Lello

Established Member
nice and would love one - but please Pres. and CEO, don't try to sell us on the size and weight as a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread