JLT High Boost CAI & RAI Question

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I have both the Gen 2 JLT CAI & RAI and started using the CAI to help intake temps which didn't really notice a difference and have read recently mutiple post of people saying they made more hp with the RAI. The new CAI is quite a bit bigger then the RAI so my question is has anyone cut there CAI into a RAI and notice a difference in hp or throttle response?

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd like to know as well. I planned on getting the JLT high boost when I buy a tvs blower. But also considered keeping my RAI. It's much easier getting to the spark plugs. The tube is smaller so I suppose there is some restriction. Maybe I should try both on the dyno and see real world numbers? I'm concerned about some tuning problems other members have had when mated with the sct 2600 sensor.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I only tried my RAI on the Dyno never the CAI so I don't have any real world comparisons either. The actual tube difference between them is quite a bit different and would think sucking in that much more air with less restrictions would give you gains but not sure if there are limits to how much air you can take in and it not make a difference after a certain point. I have a TVS with a Accufab tb which I would think would be the downfall. I might need the GT500 tb.

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
I think that the CAI modified that way could potentially produce more gains but you run into restrictions at the MAF(depend on which one you have) and the TB/Blower inlet also depending on combo. This alone I would think would cancel out the potential gains.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
OP, I'd be curious to see what the hp difference would be compared to your current setup if you swapped for a GT500 tb/plenum. Your making good power already given the amount of boost your running. I have everything basically figured out, except for what intake and maf sensor to get. Lol I'd think that would be the easy decision.

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I think that the CAI modified that way could potentially produce more gains but you run into restrictions at the MAF(depend on which one you have) and the TB/Blower inlet also depending on combo. This alone I would think would cancel out the potential gains.

The MAF is built into the new gen 2 CAI so that's not a issue plus its half way up the intake so I have enough room to cut it and add a filter to it. The TVS plenum is huge. The restrictions would be the Accufab tb which is 100mm where the CAI is 105 all the up I believe.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
OP, I'd be curious to see what the hp difference would be compared to your current setup if you swapped for a GT500 tb/plenum. Your making good power already given the amount of boost your running. I have everything basically figured out, except for what intake and maf sensor to get. Lol I'd think that would be the easy decision.

A few people have the GT500 tb but nobody or I can't find any real results on it to see if it helped or if the blower is limited and can only take in so much air.

Woody6799

Established Member
According to Kevin Hand at Wicked the JLT Next Gen High Boost CAI is the one to have. He says that he consistently makes more power over every other intake he has tuned.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
According to Kevin Hand at Wicked the JLT Next Gen High Boost CAI is the one to have. He says that he consistently makes more power over every other intake he has tuned.

and that sir....is correct. :)

I approve this message.

Ive done back to back testing on the dyno, which verified my results. Even on a non-port eaton and ported eaton. Gains are more on the higher hp cars, but i like the fact no more underhood heat, and its clean looking.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
Last KB 2.2 is did went from 587-540 to 609-568 with avg gains of 20hp-20tq compared to his RAI setup he came in with. Testing was done same day, same car, same dyno and tune was kept same data. Now if i recall he didnt have the JLT RAI....I don't have data to support a JLT RAI to JLT NXTGen CAI swap...but Im sure Ill have one soon or later.

Users who are viewing this thread