Joes TT FORD GT BRAND NEW NUMBERS WITH SPRAY!! HOLY SHEEETTT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourcam330

Established Member
LeoGSVT said:
i think at this point..hese not trying to prove anything..just seeing how far he can actually go with the car..if it blows up or if its not streetable..we will all know what the GT is cabable of..we all know now thanks to him it can handle 1080rwhp on the stock fuel system , stock block, and stock MAF with just an extender

Amen. The naysayers and doubters should just STFU and thank the man for doing this kind of priceless R&D.

EddieHaskell

Interweb Racing Legend
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Again, coulda woulda shoulda. The fact is you own a bunch of stock or near stock dog ass slow 93 Cobras, and that my 4800lb daily driver SUV would easily hand any of them their ass. Have you even driven or riden in an S197 or GT500? They are 1000x the car any Fox platform vehicle will EVER be. After having beaten on a few myself, I can honestly say that I'd never even consider the purchase of another fox body or SN95. There simply is no comparison.
:lol: Umm, of course a car with a 26 year newer chassis and tech should be better all around. That's like bashing a '67 Camaro because the 4th gen is more refined and performs better.

Cobra186, I agree 100% with you about street racing. I also agree about making a lighter car. All the power in the world can't replace the driving feel of a light weight car with a good suspenion.

94gts

I need more money
Established Member
OMFG!!!!!

joes GT is literally my favorite car of all time:banana:

Fourcam330

Established Member
EddieHaskell said:
:lol: Umm, of course a car with a 26 year newer chassis and tech should be better all around. That's like bashing a '67 Camaro because the 4th gen is more refined and performs better.

Umm, I wouldn't want a '67 Camaro for a DD either; though even for its day the fox platform was a piece of shit. The reason the car is better is obvious, and it's not my cup of tea to polish a turd. Last I checked '07-'93= 14 years :loser:

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Sick power either way....and who ever bitches about going fast on the street knows damn well then have done even the slightes "blip" of the go-gp pedal when someone shoots them a dirty look from the next lane. That too is dangerous....so is driving on a crowded expressway or highway. Shit happens..you cant change that.

EddieHaskell

Interweb Racing Legend
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Umm, I wouldn't want a '67 Camaro for a DD either; though even for its day the fox platform was a piece of shit. The reason the car is better is obvious, and it's not my cup of tea to polish a turd. Last I checked '07-'93= 14 years :loser:
Maybe you should brush up on your Mustang history. The fox platform debuted for the Mustang in 1979. The S-197 debuted in 2005. Therefore, the S-197 Mustang platform is 27 yrs newer.

For it's day the fox platform performed very well. Several mags did comparison test and the Mustang would come out on top or near the top. Much like today, the Mustang wasn't the most refined or best performing, but it was offered at an affordable price point with decent performance.

By your logic we could say the new platform is a piece of crap by today's standards. Lets see - 4000lbs, still could use more rigidity, poor weight distribution, and an oxcart rear end, poorly refined ride quality. Certainly nothing amazing, but all things considered, it performs relatively well for a decent price.

Machinator

Banned
cobra186 said:

O/T: a completely stock 06 ZO6 on drag radials ran a 10.85 a couple weeks ago. Its a shame when a $70k run of the mill Vette can walk all over Ford's $160K super car. Not to mention what it would do to the new fat pig Shelby.

QUOTE]

Well geuss what at the friday night test and tune a couple weeks ago my 35k Terminator walked the piss out of a new Z, he said that I couldnt do it from role and I proceeded to put a solid 5 cars on him up to 150! Give it a break man it has been proven a stock vs stock GT and Z the Ford will win if the drivers are even.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Machinator said:
cobra186 said:

Give it a break man it has been proven a stock vs stock GT and Z the Ford will win if the drivers are even.

Just out of curiosity, but where has it been proven? In a magazine, or real world owners?

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Machinator said:
Give it a break man it has been proven a stock vs stock GT and Z the Ford will win if the drivers are even.

I have about 4 or 5 head to head tests laying around that say otherwise..
Zo6 usually beats the GT around the road course.
On the 1/4 mile, its usually too close to call.

With equal drivers, it would be too close to call.

Looks wise..
The GT is probably one of the best looking mass produced Street cars of all time. The ZO6 is not bad looking at all..
But the GT makes you drool..

But the GT is priced beyond reality.. If Ford had just produced it for under $100,000, it would have made it a little more of a realistic option. The way it is right now, its just not a realistic idea for 99.9% of us.:rollseyes

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Most mags have the GT slightly faster in all speed tests - 0-60, 1/4 mile and top speed. On the road course, it's pretty close.
As far as real world #s, we don't know because most GT owners don't race their cars.
I will have to agree with Purvis :beer: that it will probably be a driver's race.

Last edited:

californiacuda

Established Member
The Z06 is an amazing car for the $, 50/50 weight ratio to boot. But with just a slight pulley mod, the Gt really wakes up with 650 to 700 hp. And the Whipple now available, 750 to 800 hp. No other vehicle on the planet has the ability to be so easily modded tho giant hp.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Just as a heads up, I saw a C6 Z06 put down over 800 with a cam exhaust and a procharger putting out 6 psi.

The same guy has a C6 Z06 with a twin turbo that has already maxed out the dyno (over 1000 hp).

I prefer mustangs, but the Z06 is capable of huge numbers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread