JPC makes 507.7 rwhp NA!

AmnDucky

Established Member
DAMN, 500 n/a I would gladly pay for a set like this, and not have to worry about boosting a high compression motor!! And for the nitrous folks, yes its much cheaper, but that sh*t runs out....this wont:)

And for me, someone who couldn't care less about E.T.s because I prefer to turn, that is a really really tempting setup. The "MORE POWER!!!!" bug is tough to fight, but I have to be realistic here. Beating the crap out of a blown motor for extended periods of time is tough, N/A is way safer. And I'm not good enough to race a 600 hp car anyways.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
Nice! I wonder how similar to BOSS cams those are.

The horsepower shows no sign of leveling off at 7550.

The BOSS has got light weight valve train and forged bottom which would translate to a high RPM durability advantage over a regular 5.0.

I think once these guys start putting this stuff on built motors we are going to see some really wild horsepower per liter..... N/A!!:rockon:

That's already pretty wild, how much power will that set up make at 8500?
Obviously it would need components that would live at that RPM, but WOW!

What an awesome engine design!:beer:

Not with the stock pcm its impossible ....the car has a hard code in it at 7700 rpm . If somebody broke the hard code and was able to run it past 7700 rpm it would go into limp mode ....there are no tables in the pcm to support more rpm .

I was shown this at a Irvine , California ford test facility on the 05-09 3v pcm ...the hard code was removed at the max rpm ..I think it was at 7500 then the car went into limp mode .

You will have to go to a stand alone system in the new 5.0 . Now for the Boss it might be different because they may have spark @ fule tables in the Boss pcm to handle more rpm.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the car was still pulling up at 7800 justin told me when the factory computer looses control.

my blower made 529 @ 7000, probably a little more at 7500, 535 to 545 if i had to guess.

i just dropped my compression to 10.1, and will be adding the heads and cams and boss intake, on top of probably 11 psi! should be fun!

AmnDucky

Established Member
the car was still pulling up at 7800 justin told me when the factory computer looses control.

my blower made 529 @ 7000, probably a little more at 7500, 535 to 545 if i had to guess.

i just dropped my compression to 10.1, and will be adding the heads and cams and boss intake, on top of probably 11 psi! should be fun!

All that work and money and blown engine for 30HP over NA hahaha.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
thats still over 4K, and were not talking labor yet... You might as well just get a vortech or something

That philosophy is fine for most. But..
If I knew that I was going to keep her for a long time, I would rather maximize the airflow/efficiency of the engine N/A before I tackled the blower side of things. That way I wouldn't have to worry about upgrading later lol.

I guess it all comes down to what your realistic goals are. Your way is probably good for most people. But I figure an entry level blower will soon become out of it's element once the owner starts to get serious with HCI upgrades. This engine is that good.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Best of luck to you! I hope your new build yields 9 second passes all day.

Thanks. The goal is going to be 10.2's to 10.3's in competition. I don't want to go any more on the roll bar.

Florida will be a testing bed for the new motor. It'll probably be running in the low 11 range as I am down a point in compression and will have the timing conservative as we'll have limited time on the car.

After that. We'll be swapping the intake. Baselining the car. Then adding the jpc heads and cams, and redynoing the car. And then turning the boost up 2-3 psi.

:)

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
regardless its still a shit tone of cash, you sound alot liekt hose suckers who spend 700 for sound :rollseyes....

sorry but ill drive n/a on a tune and spray for the 500 mark....

we all know a ported eaton is FREE. because IT WILL REQUIRE a ported eaton to make 500rwhp.

Dave_6

Established Member
Dyno vid: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdcOqkpKmug&nofeather=True"]YouTube - 1ST 500 HP N/A 2011 Mustang JPCracing.com[/nomedia]

Last edited:

AmnDucky

Established Member
don't hate because my 650+ rwhp car will be whiping your broke ass's

Of course it will, I prefer to spend my money building a car that can go fast for longer than 12 seconds, and actually turn worth a damn. You can have your ET's, I'll take my lap times.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
No matter what 500 n/a is crazy thats great numbers for a ls motors but if you havent ever rode in a ls motor with that much power n/a they run pretty crappy at low rpm just cruising around, id bet this has way better low rpm manners. So im very impressed and excited for things to come with this new engine.

Yes spray is cheaper but this plus spray is faster LOL
Im spraying mine and its a blast but the fact of the matter is almost everyone gets butt hurt when u roll them on spray and always want a rematch n/a, when they have a damn pd blower or another power adder. So this would be great for a time like that. hell at 7k on spray im only making low 500s.

Now i just need to get my nova running so i can tear into the heads on this guy. lol and I will def be doing it myself to help ur guys statical info.

JPC needs to send me this stuff so i can test it for them. lol

That's because you rode in a mismatched H/C setup LS car.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
Ok. JPC 507 Horsepower “Top Dog” Bolt on Package = $5,795. Link

Would you take this over a Roush Charger, which you can get one with forum discount For $5500. That kit produces about 490 rear wheel on standard Roush calibration and largest pulley (~525 hp crank). And comes with 3 yr 36k warranty cover the kit and powertrain! With custom tune and smaller pulley, VMP is over 620 rear wheel right now.

I am curious to hear people's thoughts.

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Ok. JPC 507 Horsepower “Top Dog” Bolt on Package = $5,795. Link

Would you take this over a Roush Charger, which you can get one with forum discount For $5500. That kit produces about 490 rear wheel on standard Roush calibration and largest pulley (~525 hp crank). And comes with 3 yr 36k warranty cover the kit and powertrain! With custom tune and smaller pulley, VMP is over 620 rear wheel right now.

I am curious to hear people's thoughts.

Link doesn't work

If you are looking for the most power then this isn't the way to go, but some people are looking to get the most power out of their car while staying NA!

Users who are viewing this thread