Just coupled my SLP LM1 with Maggy Catted X

hilo

Established Member
Sooo, installed the maggy x pipe on my car with the SLPs tonight. All I have to say is, wow. It's not as loud as I expected which is definitely good, but it makes enough noise let others know you are coming. There is little to no rasp with the Magnaflow midpipe. I would go as far to say that I have less rasp with this midpipe than I did with my stock H, which is strange but true.

One thing I did noticed however was around 2000-2500rpm there is some drone, especially on the interstate, but it is nowhere near the drone of Flows.

Other than the slight drone, which is VERY tolerable.. This is the happiest I've ever been with an exhaust setup. I would recommend the Magnaflow catted x to anyone with SLPs, not going to guarantee you will love it as much as I do.. But it does sounds very unique, and damn good.

I'll try and get some clips up sometime this weekend.

hilo

Established Member
The idle is my favorite part, especially sitting in the car at a stop light after its warmed up, sounds beautiful.

I ripped it onto the interstate at like 4 in the morning when I finished installing it, WOT sounds absolutely sick, I love it.

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
Here's the vids (Sounds Mean)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVuSlwapc0s"]YouTube - 2001 Cobra exhaust vid[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzp8HekHOZ4"]YouTube - 2001 Cobra exhaust vid in-car[/ame]

Hey the "2001 Cobra exhaust vid in-car" is this with the windows down? Running 3.27's too?

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I know it's not a 4valve, but I had a catted X + LM1 catback setup on my 2000 GT. It sounded absolutely AMAZING. The SLP exhaust gets a very bad rep because most of the cars you see with it have catless mid pipes. With some high flow cats the LM1 IMO is one of the sexiest exhaust setups out there. I wish my Camaro with a catted y pipe and LM1 sounded as good as my GT did.

hilo

Established Member
I've been down many different roads with exhaust setups. Been down the flowmaster road, then went with magnaflows and a catless mid, then slp LM 1s with a catless mid (worst idea ever), then finally ended up with the catted magnaflow x and LM 1s, and I absolutely love it and not planning on changing it.

Users who are viewing this thread