Just did the Anti-Venom Mod for the T-56, WOW!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Guys,
Just got the Anti-Venom mod done on my T-56. Very happy with the results.
It's incredible how the tranny feels with the Pennzoil Synchromesh and the two washers. Just wanted to let you guys know how stoked I am and am kicking myself in ARSE for not doing this over the last few years. I'm off to bang gears.
Here's a pic of the washers I used. 2 of them were used. The mechanic had to loosen 4 bolts to tilt the tranny a little to get to it, but cost me 1/4 hour of labor. The car shifts more smooth and isn't sloppy, it just feels smoother in every gear. Thanks ROADSTR6 for posting this wonderful thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/686622-want-smoother-shifts-try.html

DSCF0227.jpg

Jefe

Established Member
Just called and NAPA has them in stock now. Gonna do it next weekend probably

Get us some more vids!!!

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
^ how did u ask them, lol i called up there and he wanted to know what car it goes too etc lol:lol1:

wjk

Established Member
It's weird to hear everyones reactions after doing this mod. Some say it did absolutely nothing, while others report it being night and day. I'll have to do this one of these days and see for myself. After all, the T-56 isn't the easiest shifting transmission...

GodStang

Established Member
It's weird to hear everyones reactions after doing this mod. Some say it did absolutely nothing, while others report it being night and day. I'll have to do this one of these days and see for myself. After all, the T-56 isn't the easiest shifting transmission...

Not everyone's setup is the same...

MVD

Established Member

I did one washer at first (.040") and felt no difference. Then did added another washer (total .080") and still felt no difference so I removed them both.

IMO, if your clutch is adjusted properly to begin with then this mod is useless. But it is a band-aid fix for those who do have their clutch adjusted properly via quadrant/firewall adjuster/freeplay kit.

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member

I notice all the WOWs. So, I ran out and got 2 of washers. I felt no change.

I did one washer at first (.040") and felt no difference. Then did added another washer (total .080") and still felt no difference so I removed them both.r
IMO, if your clutch is adjusted properly to begin with then this mod is useless. But it is a band-aid fix for those who do have their clutch adjusted properly via quadrant/firewall adjuster/freeplay kit.

Me either

Not everyone's setup is the same...

Came that conclusion after I wasting my time doing this. :shrug:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I did one washer at first (.040") and felt no difference. Then did added another washer (total .080") and still felt no difference so I removed them both.

I totally agree with the proper clutch adjustment/setup, but I still felt a nice improvement in the ease of shifting anyway. I guess it's better to state that this mod will NOT be a perfect solution if you don't already have your clutch setup correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread