Just finished installing almost everything...lots of pics

chimazo

Established Member
I've only driven my car a little over 100mi. since purchasing it and it's been on jackstands for the last two months while I worked on it an hour or two here and there, installing parts. Finally got it done (almost) Sat. morning so I could hit a local cruise-in as the weather was fantastic and my wife was out of town.:pepper:

It was tough choosing which blower to go with, but in the end I decided to keep most of the mods FRPP stuff and go for the stealth look. I've already ordered a "stock-appearing" pulley and idler setup. The problem with the stealth look is that at shows/cruises, no one knows you've done anything to your car, so they think it's stock and couldn't give a shit.:rolleyes: On the other hand, the dealer will, too! I also still have to install the KR shifter and CJ rear UCA bushing, but I really wanted to drive the car already. Some pics:

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I also go for the stealth/sleeper look. Nice job.

You may want to consider the double-bearing Metco idler since you are running the TVS with a smaller pulley in the near future. I used a self-etching primer and painted the pulley and bracket semi-gloss black using a ceramic VHT paint after sanding with a very fine wet/dry paper. Taped off the belt area.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
jealous---because I miss working on my cars. now I just pay someone
to rob me since I don't have the time....lol..so true/the time part

real nice job, love the sleeper look

cud-dos to ya:beer:

chimazo

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words, guys.:thumbsup:

I plan on running the larger idler pulley with the smaller blower pulley to really keep it low-key. The only problem with keeping the "looks stock" theme will be when I go with the CJ MAF/TB setup at some point.

Of course, next year I'll have to decide whether to go with aftermarket rims or stay stealthy by widening the stockers. I had overpriced 3pc rims on both my Z06 (SSR's) and my Viper (Iforged), and while I love the look, I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of coin again. Pics of each below for the curious.

IMG_0307.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I would notice all you have done if I saw your car at a show. :rockon:
I do love the looks of all of the FRPP stuff, especially the stealthyness of the TVS.
Now go drive it! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread