Just got an 02 HD

92 TYPHOON

Established Member
Hello all, recently sold my 03 cobra to get a very nice low mile harley truck. I NEED to make this thing a little faster. Based on my reading, a cold air, exhaust and lower pulley with tune should do the trick. I was thinking of the JLT cold air, bassani exhaust and metco quick change 6 lb kit. I know a lot of people like the JLT for mustangs but havent heard much about it on a lightning or HD truck. I do want the bassani cat back since I like the exit in front of the tire. Where would be the best place to purchase these items??

mustangsf4life

Black Venom
Established Member
I would go with Jonny lightning performance, Lightning force performance or lethal performance on the parts. I had an 02 and loved that thing. I do beileve on the HD the 6 lb pulley will only see 4 lbs if im right. Its been a while. I would go with changing the upper to stock lightning and then add a 4 or 6 lb lower from there with a nice idler bracket. Have a good tune doen and you will be set.That truck will scream then. The JLT is a great mod to wake up the eaton and make it really whine. Did you get Black or DSG 02 HDSC? Also try and find a ford racing harley boost gauge that matches the factory dash cluster its a nice piece to add to the interior. You can also check out Welcome to the National Harley Truck Owners Club for more info on these trucks.

92 TYPHOON

Established Member
Well, I was wanting to do the 6 especially since I'm probably going to put a ported blower on it and read that a ported blower would typically add 2 lbs of boost. I need to keep this thing safe; its got low miles and I don't want to blow it up. btw it is black

Users who are viewing this thread