Just moved to Lake Worth.

TommyPizza

Established Member
Hey guys, I just moved to Lake Worth from NJ. Was wondering where the night life scene is and what not. I moved down with my girl so not looking to pick up girls, just good places to hang out, have a beer, meet good people, relax or car shows. Only down side is I do not have notch or bike down here.

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Why the hell did you do that?? Great cruise in type car show every Friday night in Davie. Its about 40 miles from Lake Worth but well worth the trip. City Place in West Palm is pretty cool to bring your girl. Good restaurants and clubs. Also World of Beer in Wellington Forest Hill and SR7 is agood place to hear good music and have a beer.

TommyPizza

Established Member
No AC in my car that's why I'm selling it. Can't have a car with no AC down here. Moved to Lake Worth because my brother owns a towing company. He needed help and I needed a job. For now I will be living in Lake Worth with him, but in a few months after I save up some money and my girl gets a job, we will be moving somewhere else. Just gotta learn the area first.

UncleAnt

Established Member
Clematis street in dowtown west palm is pretty fun.just don't buy a bottle at any of the clubs there I got sucked Into paying 410$ for a 30 dollar bottle of absolute.

Atlantic ave in delray beach is pretty cool,plenty of restraunts and clubs:bars to hang out at.if you enjoy a nice steak at a good restraunt check out cut432 on atlantic in delray.The only negative to it is the price,I went last Friday night we got 2 steaks,a baked potato and a bottled coke and a bottled sprite and it was 150$ lol.pretty good steaks though

TommyPizza

Established Member
Thanks guys. I've been to city place a few times already since I've been coming down for the past few years to visit. Friday I'm going to the Hard Rock. And last night I went for a drink on Lake Ave, which wasn't to bad. I gotta get used to the Florida style. My girl and I felt like we stood out like a sore thumb. I guess I just gotta start driving around and find more places. I'm sure once we start making friends, going out would be more fun also.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Thanks guys. I've been to city place a few times already since I've been coming down for the past few years to visit. Friday I'm going to the Hard Rock. And last night I went for a drink on Lake Ave, which wasn't to bad. I gotta get used to the Florida style. My girl and I felt like we stood out like a sore thumb. I guess I just gotta start driving around and find more places. I'm sure once we start making friends, going out would be more fun also.

Broward and Palm Beach Counties are NY/NJ "light" so you might feel comfortable there :lol1:

UncleAnt

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and sign up to Need2speeD.com - Welcome

60% of the people are from the west palm-ft lauderdale area and the rest are all
Around Florida.its a bunch of good guys over there and plenty of nice cars,I'm 03scgt on there

When you are headed to the hardrock hit up rockos tacos and tequila bar for some awesome food and some drinks.at hard Rock passion And Pangaea are both nice

Last edited:

TommyPizza

Established Member
Thanks for more info guys. Also wondering if there is any baseball/ softball leagues around. I played on teams back home and that was always a good way to meet new people and help myself stay in shape somewhat, unless we were pounding beers lol.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Thanks for more info guys. Also wondering if there is any baseball/ softball leagues around. I played on teams back home and that was always a good way to meet new people and help myself stay in shape somewhat, unless we were pounding beers lol.

I use to live in West Palm Beach... Head on up to Oakahelee park (its off forest hill blvd, just past military trail on the right). Monday through Friday there are Softball games 5 to 9pm also there is one off lake worth road I think they play on Tuesday nights (b) league .... there is always a team missing someone...

So much has changed since i was there .. you will find work, a lot of fun! I had a blast when i lived down there... (was there 12 yrs)

Oh btw remember give yourself atleast a year to a year and a half to adjust to living down there.. Its a HOT MFR too!

Good luck and enjoy the CLEAN , Flat roads! and keep your EYEs wide open there are cops on every corner looking to ticket you for every little thing... PBSO!! lol (Palm Beach Sheriffs Office)

I think I paid so many speeding tickets I paid for the Palm Beach Court house when it was built ...:beer:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Welcome. I'm over in Boynton. Theirs plenty to do here with car stuff all the time. Every Thursday night at Sonic's on Lake Worth BLVD is a local car meet.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I use to live in West Palm Beach... Head on up to Oakahelee park (its off forest hill blvd, just past military trail on the right). Monday through Friday there are Softball games 5 to 9pm also there is one off lake worth road I think they play on Tuesday nights (b) league .... there is always a team missing someone...

So much has changed since i was there .. you will find work, a lot of fun! I had a blast when i lived down there... (was there 12 yrs)

Oh btw remember give yourself atleast a year to a year and a half to adjust to living down there.. Its a HOT MFR too!

Good luck and enjoy the CLEAN , Flat roads! and keep your EYEs wide open there are cops on every corner looking to ticket you for every little thing... PBSO!! lol (Palm Beach Sheriffs Office)

I think I paid so many speeding tickets I paid for the Palm Beach Court house when it was built ...:beer:

Not true. LOL

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
LOL Steve how are you doing down there? My mach is all back together :) 809RWHP on a wet , rainy day .. Pete at performance dyno said that if it was dryer and cooler it would have made 828 rwhp... oh well next time :)

Good. Love it here. Congrads on the car. Mine is about 100 less...... for now hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread