KB 2.2 Boost ???

vickerw

Established Member
Installed a KB 2.2 with a 3.25" upper & have a 2# lower on my 04' Cobra, which I thought should give me around 17psi of boost. My tuner was tuning it & his boost gauge was reading about 19.5psi. He said his gauge may be off by maybe a pound so it was really probably around 18.5psi. This is way more boost than I want to run on just 93 Octane. Is this normal & does it just vary from car to car on how much you will get from pulley to pulley? I was going by the pulley chart on the KB website! Should I go with the 3.5" upper instead? I am worried that there may be a clearance problem with the bigger upper & my upper billetflow snub idler pulley I installed, because it is close right now. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Hmmm... I'm at 19#'s with a 3.25 upper and 4# lower so you should be at about 17#'s. What was the weather like? Was it really cold?

Why does he not have an accurate boost reading? tell him to use the money you paid to get that fixed. I wouldn't worry about it too much i'm on 19#'s and we use 91 so as long as your tuner knows his stuff you should have no probs. I do run 100 octane but the tune in mine should be fine on 91 since that's what it's set for :shrug:

Last edited:

vickerw

Established Member
Hmmm... I'm at 19#'s with a 3.25 upper and 4# lower so you should be at about 17#'s. What was the weather like? Was it really cold?

Why does he not have an accurate boost reading? tell him to use the money you paid to get that fixed. I wouldn't worry about it too much i'm on 19#'s and we use 91 so as long as your tuner knows his stuff you should have no probs. I do run 100 octane but the tune in mine should be fine on 91 since that's what it's set for :shrug:

Hey appreciate your help. No it wasn't cold today, it was in the 80's here. I was thinking the same thing you said when he told me his gauge usually reads high by a pound. I see your car is right where it should be & other people's seem to be too, thats why I was wondering if it varied from car to car sometimes? :shrug:
I just didn't really want to run anymore than 17psi on pump gas, but maybe it will be o.k.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread