Killed a 5.0 with the new ride

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
Yesterday a friend and I were driving around in my 99 H/C/I stalled auto SS heading to this great burrito place I know in Mexico. We were cruising down the road when low and behold there is a 95 GT sliding down the road sideways making a right turn. I figured we could follow them and maybe pick up a race. The guy saw us coming up from behind and gestured for us to follow him. We jumped on the interstate about a mile away and it was on. I told him to go on three honks, but I guess he didn't know what I meant. I blew the horn one time and he jumped out. I nailed it and reeled him back in immediately. When we got to 125 he was a tiny spec behind us. I am assuming that it was a basic bolt on 5.0. The mustang sounded really good. I pulled off at a gas station hoping that he would follow me but he didn't. It wasn't a good race or anything to brag about, but never the less fun :banana:. I have been waiting for a good race, but I haven't found one around me yet.

Last edited:

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
Haha, I am sure there are some fast ones out there. I was hoping that the one I ran up on was going to be a good race. He was driving it like he thought it was a freakin lambo, but at least you have the sit down and shut up thing right.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
^This man would know about slow 95's :p

Good kill! You never know with those things. Balls to the wall or bolt-ons, you never know what you're up against...makes it fun.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Yesterday a friend and I were driving around in my 99 H/C/I stalled auto SS heading to this great burrito place I know in Mexico. We were cruising down the road when low and behold there is a 95 GT sliding down the road sideways making a right turn. I figured we could follow them and maybe pick up a race. The guy saw us coming up from behind and gestured for us to follow him. We jumped on the interstate about a mile away and it was on. I told him to go on three honks, but I guess he didn't know what I meant. I blew the horn one time and he jumped out. I nailed it and reeled him back in immediately. When we got to 125 he was a tiny spec behind us. I am assuming that it was a basic bolt on 5.0. The mustang sounded really good. I pulled off at a gas station hoping that he would follow me but he didn't. It wasn't a good race or anything to brag about, but never the less fun :banana:. I have been waiting for a good race, but I haven't found one around me yet.

I'm out that way every now and then. I'll run ya.:rockon:

StangJason

Established Member
yea nope no 95's that are fast...only 94's were fast :D

dont believe me? try me haha

Yeah mine was really slow but don't let that horrible track time fool you it ran much better after that track visit and the slipping clutch was fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread