Know anything about my car? (pics)

sixpackstang

New SVT *****
Established Member
I'm trying to find any and all information about this car I just bought. It is a 03 DSG Cobra that was traded in to the dealership my brother works at and I bought it through him. Here's what I know for sure about it:

Car was owned and titled in Virginia, around Fairfax County
Mods I can see are:
60 lb injectors, CRP fuel rails, SCT Big Air MAF, some sort of aftermarket TB, 18" DD bullets in rear, 17" in front, SLP exhaust, 2.73 BilletFlow pulley, 3 piece Billetflow idler pulley set, 1 Steeda pulley (that is right by the supercharger pulley) and some pretty distinct aftermarket sidescoops.

What I was told but don't know for sure and am trying to find out:
The engine was rebuilt with either just upgraded pistons or rods, or that it was rebuilt with a 5.0 stroker kit.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this car here or on any of the boards? Would really like to find out the full story on the engine to know what I'm working with.

Last edited:

sixpackstang

New SVT *****
Established Member
Hmm, I dont know. As you can see by the pics I had it dyno'd to check out the tune before I drove it all the way back from Virginia to Ohio. The tune was right on (11.8-12.0 A/F across the board) which I would think it would be a little off if he swapped a different blower off and put the stock back on.

P.S. Dyno results were 474/474

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
sixpackstang said:
Ya I wasn't sure if I liked them at first, but they are pretty unique to anything I've seen, and they are kinda growing on me.

yeah I like them too....I think they would look way better without that extra strip in the door, wouldn't you think? :beer:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Coulda had it tuned for the eaton.. those mods do definately suggest a blower swap. Fuel rails/injectors/generally MAF aren't needed at that HP level.

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
Maybe the previous owner was setting it up for an aftermarket blower and ran out of money? I doubt I would trade the car in if I ran out of money for parts, but who knows...

Either way, that thing is bad ass and just waiting on a KB or Whipple.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
60 lb injectors? Could have had an aftermarket blower on the car. Where in Cleveland do you live? I'm in Sheffield Lake, Lorain county.

PIXER

Banned
No one else noticed it was missing the cover thats in the engine bay where it covers the blower coolant bolts? Might have had a different reservoir.
Stock Heat Exchanger?

Tonka Toy

Established Member
Check on tidewaterracing.com/forums also. That is a local VA board. Somebody on there might know about it.

sixpackstang

New SVT *****
Established Member
GETTEUP said:
60 lb injectors? Could have had an aftermarket blower on the car. Where in Cleveland do you live? I'm in Sheffield Lake, Lorain county.

I live out on the east side. You post on buckeyestangs.com don't you? I recognize the signature, but not the username.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
sixpackstang said:
I live out on the east side. You post on buckeyestangs.com don't you? I recognize the signature, but not the username.

yeah i post over there from time to time.
you should bring the cobra out to quaker steak and lube in sheffield tomorrow afternoon (around 3:30) for the cruise-in they have every sunday.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Why buy a car you know nothing about? Not slamming you, but just curious why you didn't do any research?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
NVMC probably, I do not believe it was from a MACA Member. Is the blower ported? fairly good numbers for a 2.73 with a stock blower. Most people I know with a Steig 3 or 4 are running 60's with a BAP. Rails are a bit much though.

Users who are viewing this thread