Leathal Performance BAP upgrade wiring kit help

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Hey everyone,
I purchased in year 09/10, a return fuel system from lethal performance (model #: 9901COBRETURN), and came with a lethal performance BAP wire upgrade kit (model #: LP-BAPREWIREKIT) with dual relay harness kit.
Install Manual is horrible, and I’ve figured most out. But for this BAP wire upgrade kit, manual states to reference separate install documents on their website to wire from battery to trunk….doesn’t exist from what I see. I called lethal, they have no clue nor nothing to archive.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You hook the outputs from the relays to the pumps.

The easy way is using a 12vdc key on source to trigger the relays. I think the black/yellow wire used for that usually. Run battery power straight to the relay input and hook the pumps to the relay output.

What pumps are you going to be running?

Black Venom 99

Established Member
You hook the outputs from the relays to the pumps.

The easy way is using a 12vdc key on source to trigger the relays. I think the black/yellow wire used for that usually. Run battery power straight to the relay input and hook the pumps to the relay output.

What pumps are you going to be running?
Thank you for the help! I’m slightly off with the 12vdc key aspect you mentioned though?
I’m running dual walbro 255lph pumps.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The relays need to be triggered by a power source that is only turned on when the key is on.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you! That would be great! Mainly for wiring the relays, as the BAP kit I don’t need to use.

did you double check their site for the relay wiring? I was revisiting some of that the other day and on the page for the fuel system itself i believe it had a tab/section for instruction manuals and thought that was one of them but could be wrong

Black Venom 99

Established Member
did you double check their site for the relay wiring? I was revisiting some of that the other day and on the page for the fuel system itself i believe it had a tab/section for instruction manuals and thought that was one of them but could be wrong
I checked, nothing. The fuel system I got from them is unfortunately discontinued as fore precision works went out of business. The kits now use division X fuel hats, rails, etc.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you look up "lethal performance dual pump wiring diagram" on Google you'll find a PDF with directions and a couple diagrams.

Fore Precision became Fore Innovations. Same guy. Different name. Extremely helpful.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
If you look up "lethal performance dual pump wiring diagram" on Google you'll find a PDF with directions and a couple diagrams.

Fore Precision became Fore Innovations. Same guy. Different name. Extremely helpful.
Thank you!
I actually spoke to Fore innovations some time ago, and asked if they had relation to Fore Precision, mentioned similar name but different business. Never asked if same people, but that helps, and as you mentioned, were extremely helpful.

Black Venom 99

Established Member

So as I am about to approach wiring the relays, and following the instructions from Lethal, most is in line, but not everything matches up. I then reference the instructions that came with my fuel system, and it becomes more contradicting. By the overall look, I may need to purchase their updated relay kit. I have attached pictures for reference, but here’s the problem I’m coming across
-Power wires on my relays aren’t fused (maybe hence the BAP wiring they sent?)
-Fuel system instructions (attached pic) state the large power wire gets connected to blue wires. Whereas the relay harness instructions from lethal state wiring from FPDM goes to the blue wires.
-Fuel system instructions state FPDM wires gets wired to the two white wires, where lethals relay instructions don’t contain white wiring.
-New dual return relays from lethal now have the six pin connector, which further in their instructions state can be cut off, but wiring colors from that connector I don’t have with my older relay.
-Lastly, in the fuel system instructions, after connecting the white wires to the FPDM wires, to the also ground them, how?…nothing about the black ringed ground wires actually coming from the relays. But relay instructions state to ground those two wires to the same spot as the FPDM.

May be a lot, but the pictures attached might elaborate some.

It’s a mess.

Attachments

• IMG_1980.png
    IMG_1980.png
    754.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1981.png
    IMG_1981.png
    902.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1982.jpeg
    IMG_1982.jpeg
    464.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1983.jpeg
    IMG_1983.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1984.jpeg
    IMG_1984.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 14

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's been a minute, but...

Run the two big red wires to the battery. What I did was run one big (1 gauge) wire to the trunk and have a distribution block back there. I have a 200 amp fuse in the engine bay for that one wire.

The blue wires go to the fuel pumps.

The white wires go to the to the pink/yellow wire.

The black wires go to the ground spot where the FPDM is grounded. There's a green bolt there.

Honestly, I don't know why they sent you the BAP. But things have changed in the last few years. Maybe it was needed at one time. But the Walbros should take you pretty far.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
It's been a minute, but...

Run the two big red wires to the battery. What I did was run one big (1 gauge) wire to the trunk and have a distribution block back there. I have a 200 amp fuse in the engine bay for that one wire.

The blue wires go to the fuel pumps.

The white wires go to the to the pink/yellow wire.

The black wires go to the ground spot where the FPDM is grounded. There's a green bolt there.

Honestly, I don't know why they sent you the BAP. But things have changed in the last few years. Maybe it was needed at one time. But the Walbros should take you pretty far.
Man Sir I appreciate you! I’m thinking close to you, outside the power wires off the relay go to the pumps, not battery. Then that separate bag with the 8 gauge red power wire with massive in line fuse I run that to the trunk off power distribution box. Then that separate black loom ground the pumps (loom is in pics) completely separate from relay ground. The black wires within relay that come together on the ring terminal, get grounded as you mentioned to FPDM ground (greenish ring terminal).

With this old setup, it’s quite different all due to the fuel hat. I’m waiting on fore innovations as well.
And with my original fuel system instructions, to wire my fuel sender had me cut off my factory wiring harness 4” above the factory hat, and retain it. Then off that factory loom, wire in yellow signal wire, and black ground from my fuel hat, to the OEM harness. From there, just plug in male to female factory harness off the uni-body, and set. Pics attached.
The new relay instructions can’t work with my hat the way they explain.

Attachments

• IMG_1996.jpeg
    IMG_1996.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1997.jpeg
    IMG_1997.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread