LED Gauge lights

chaoticdismay

dr. hobo
Established Member
well i dunno i guess every car id diff.....but if i remember correctly yellow and blue makes green.....and when u put pure white LEDS in a 96-98 cobra with the blue tint on there they light up blue. And if u get the Leds with the bulbs facing towrads the front and the side there shouldnt be any dull spots.

What you learned in elementary school paint class does not relate to the properties of light...

White light is the combination of Red, Green and Blue light (the primary colors). Removing Blue from the equation leaves a combination of Red and Green light, which creates Yellow (one of the secondary colors; the others being Cyan and Magenta). So if W - B = Y, then W = B + Y.

/grade school physics class

edit: It is logical that putting White light behind Blue tint would yield Blue light, as you said. Having Yellow light behind Blue tint would yield White light, as I said. As for the dull spots, as I said, just having bulbs in the stock locations results in dull spots (around the sides); having strips of LEDs around the edges results in dull spots (where the bulbs go/between the gauges); having strips around the edges plus bulbs in their stock location shouldn't have any dull spots. Thank you for reiterating what I said.

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
Mine

CIMG0115.jpg

i really like the blue... over the factory green for my ride.

Users who are viewing this thread