Lethal Perf poly motor mount vs American Muscle poly mount

rider4life350

Established Member
Hopefully this is the right area and hasn't been discussed before. I searched Google real quick but didn't see anything.

I'm ordering a bunch of stuff tonight from Lethal to take advantage of their deal for St. Patrick's Day but I came across American muscles motor mount and its A LOT less than Lethal. My question is which one would you guys go with, Lethal or American? Lethal sells Energy Suspension and American's I confirmed is selling a generic but Lethals is $171 and Americans is on sale for $92. Has anyone had any experience with either one? I'm thinking if I go with Lethal I am paying almost $100 more just for the name.

Energy Suspension 99-04 4.6L HyperFlex Polyurethane Motor Mounts

Mustang Urethane Motor Mounts - 4.6L (96-04 4.6L) - Free Shipping

Thanks,
Nate

BMR Tech

I had trouble with my Poly mounts, when I was making around 640rwhp.

I went through several sets, and finally, after being a little aggravated, slapped in some MM Solid Mounts.

I would only get a few pulls on them, and they would rip apart.

04cobra88

Established Member
So what is the best motor mount to go with for say a 650 hp car weekend driver , occasional track use ? New set of oems ?

BMR Tech

Most should work, I would assume.

The only time I drive my car, it's WOT....so my experience may not be the best for a review.

After changing 3 sets of mounts within a few months, with the stock K-Member in the car...I simply couldn't take the chance of another set breaking.

M240Bravo

Established Member
I got the poly ones from lethal back in 04 when I did my first build. Only reason I didn't like them is you could feel the drive line. This build I went back to OEM ones. I was at 800 and now more.

rider4life350

Established Member
I had trouble with my Poly mounts, when I was making around 640rwhp.

I went through several sets, and finally, after being a little aggravated, slapped in some MM Solid Mounts.

I would only get a few pulls on them, and they would rip apart.

do you know what brand you were using?
how much vibration do you feel thru the solid mounts?

BMR Tech

I'd prefer not to mention the brands that I had issues with. I will say, I also had the same problem with a set of NEW OEM mounts (was the reason I went poly)

As for the solid mounts, I do notice a little more NVH.....but it doesnt bother me; nor the wife.

TRBO VNM

I'd prefer not to mention the brands that I had issues with. I will say, I also had the same problem with a set of NEW OEM mounts (was the reason I went poly)

As for the solid mounts, I do notice a little more NVH.....but it doesnt bother me; nor the wife.

What the hell are you doing that you are having so many issues with mounts?

BMR Tech

What the hell are you doing that you are having so many issues with mounts?

Not sure. All were warrantied with no questions asked.

It was the passenger side that split, on 3 different sets.

Too much traction :banana:, or possibly just received 3 defective sets from 3 different manufacturers, in a row... lol

Users who are viewing this thread