Let's see those Latest Purchases!

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Of all the electric yard equipment, that is about the only one I can't get behind. Not in New England anyway. That may work for 6" or whatever, or maybe a smaller driveway, but it's gonna need a charge. **** that. I'm all set with stopping mid-way through the driveway to charge a battery or whatever. You just can't predict the snow so I'd never buy one.
DeWalt 20v trimmer, blower, pole saw, chainsaw, hedge trimmer etc. I use all of those. I could even see someone using an electric mower if that was their thing. At least you know how much your grass will grow between mowing.

I live in the Chicagoland area. It's pretty rare we get significant snowfall. And we have a 2 car driveway and some sidewalks to clean.

It's not for everyone but will work fine for my situation. It has two 7.5 ah batteries. My BIL has the two stage Ego and clears his 12 car driveway multiple times on a single charge.

Worst case I have three other batteries I can swap in. Or if it gets crazy I have the sled in the background I can rip around on.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Is a battery pack option for home UPS more expensive (initial investment) than a propane/natural gas setup (not including the 30% tax credit)?
I had a client outfit a spare room with these packs when his wife was very ill to for sure have power. Quick search says one battery pack is $9200, not installed, and you might need more than one, depending on house size, and your desired run time.... Im gonna say a gen set is less expensive. I would buy a generator (and do have one).

ajaf1656

Established Member
This year, I've been using my rickety old lawnmower to pick up the leaves in the yard. It's easier to mow over them once to chop them up then go back over with the bag on the mower to pick them up than it is to use the leaf blower or rake.
I swear, my mower breaks down multiple times every year and I get all excited about getting a new one. I always end up ghetto-rigging it back together and making it work. The damn thing just won't die. It's got bike brake cables instead of the originals and I have to find a stick to jam into the non-functional choke linkage to get it started, but once it fires up, it'll take all the abuse I dish out. I mow over trash trees, blackberry bushes, fallen branches and everything. Haha

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This year, I've been using my rickety old lawnmower to pick up the leaves in the yard. It's easier to mow over them once to chop them up then go back over with the bag on the mower to pick them up than it is to use the leaf blower or rake.
I swear, my mower breaks down multiple times every year and I get all excited about getting a new one. I always end up ghetto-rigging it back together and making it work. The damn thing just won't die. It's got bike brake cables instead of the originals and I have to find a stick to jam into the non-functional choke linkage to get it started, but once it fires up, it'll take all the abuse I dish out. I mow over trash trees, blackberry bushes, fallen branches and everything.
Old Murray or something? Some of those old ones just don't want to die.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I think it's a craftsman(yeah, just looked). I bought it off Craigslist for $50 like 6 years ago.
Reminds me of a green washer and dryer I bought off a Senior Chief when I was stationed in South Texas that were old as shit. They lasted me another 10 years before I sold them working.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
I swear, my mower breaks down multiple times every year and I get all excited about getting a new one. I always end up ghetto-rigging it back together and making it work. The damn thing just won't die. It's got bike brake cables instead of the originals and I have to find a stick to jam into the non-functional choke linkage to get it started, but once it fires up, it'll take all the abuse I dish out. I mow over trash trees, blackberry bushes, fallen branches and everything. Haha
Story of my life. I tell the woman it ain't mowin' the lawn if ya don't hafta rig the mower.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Bought this this AM to add to the collection. Model 8-4 Trout and Bird.

408449496_2316352075214542_4188201711092158119_n.jpg

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm not normally one to flaunt my wealth but in this instance I just have to make an exception

20231206_121007-X4.jpg

$600 dollars, fresh from a theft recovery last week.

Seriously though, I picked this up off a friend to have as a beater to keep up state. I've actually known this truck since 2014 and it was really nice back then, now not so much.

1996 XLT 5.0L 5spd manual, 130,000 miles. Currently the ignition cylinder is busted out (I cobbled it back together to make it work) and the alternator isn't working.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm not normally one to flaunt my wealth but in this instance I just have to make an exception

20231206_121007-X4.jpg

$600 dollars, fresh from a theft recovery last week.

Seriously though, I picked this up off a friend to have as a beater to keep up state. I've actually known this truck since 2014 and it was really nice back then, now not so much.

1996 XLT 5.0L 5spd manual, 130,000 miles. Currently the ignition cylinder is busted out (I cobbled it back together to make it work) and the alternator isn't working.
Yeah but go to ebay and look them up..crazy. I would love to have one in perfect shape all souped up. That look is timeless.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Yeah but go to ebay and look them up..crazy. I would love to have one in perfect shape all souped up. That look is timeless.

trust me I know what rust free ones bring, this one is far far from that. In some ways its even rustier than my old truck.

I wasn't willing to drop 30 grand on a OBS so I figured I'd never own another one after I sold my last one. This just kind of "happened"

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
trust me I know what rust free ones bring, this one is far far from that. In some ways its even rustier than my old truck.

I wasn't willing to drop 30 grand on a OBS so I figured I'd never own another one after I sold my last one. This just kind of "happened"
Hell you could put a little money in it and paint it and selling for 10 grand if not more.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Just ordered this

and this

Thinking about these wheels
attachment.php

tistan

Established Member
That looks pretty cool. Dets?
What is cool is that you route out the counter top and the induction and the controller recesses into it. You can also place the induction anywhere an in any configuration withing 27" of the power supply. Unfortunately the gas is pre configured. We are going to copy the configuration in this link with a 2 burner induction and 2 burner gas. I like the idea of having the space in he middle to set stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread