?? Lets Talk H&R Springs ??

black 10th vert

Established Member
Here's what H&R race with no isolators on an SRA car looks like:

IMG_20100814_194458.jpg

Rides great with Bilsteins. Better than the stock Mach setup. With the X2s and no spring spacers you'll be SLAMMED up front. Personally I think it would look retarded if the front were any lower considering how high the rear sits.

^ that's exactly what I have been saying in these threads! I can't believe how much of a difference that 1/4" spacer actually makes, but I (and my car) am much happier with them installed!;-)

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
You may want to post a thread in the mach 1 or regular mustang section because i know for a fact that your car will not have the same stance as a cobra because the cobra's are nose heavy due to the iron block. Unless you run the iron block you won't have the same stance. I think you should get h&r super sports which are for mach's/gt's and run them with just one bottem iso. That's what i ran on my mach 1 and it sat really nice.

SpectorV

Established Member
you can look at pics via link in sig or my signature. I have H&R race they are 720lb front 720lb rear (with irs that is)

26.0 inches front ground to fender and 26.5 rear. I left out one front isolator the rest are OEM ford isolators.

RcodeStang

Established Member
you can look at pics via link in sig or my signature. I have H&R race they are 720lb front 720lb rear (with irs that is)

26.0 inches front ground to fender and 26.5 rear. I left out one front isolator the rest are OEM ford isolators.

Race springs are 850 front for both SRA and IRS.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Got that either from H&R directly or Maximum Motorsports, but can't recall how long ago it was. I haven't swapped from my OEM springs yet, but if I go with the H&R's, I will call them again to be sure.

When you say "inferior", are you meaning that the lower front rate makes it that way? The idea of "softening" up the front and stiffening the rear is to decrease the under-steer. Anyway, I'd be fine with them at the rate that is on Lethal's site - pretty close to the '00 Cobra R.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand corrected, just called H&R. The fronts are 760-850 and the rears are 770. Must have gotten some bogus info a ways back!!

Last edited:

woodywagon2004

Established Member
Im looking to purchase a set of H&R s here soon... does anyone have pictures to compare the 2? i am looking to go with the lowest which i know is sports but just want a comparison photo.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I've had both.You cant go wrong w/Sports or Race.The Sports have a sweet drop rite out of the box and ride quality is perfect. My vert has the race springs w/the upper isos removed its a little bit stiffer ride than the sports but you may want that if you go to the track.

My old coupe w/Spots all isos in place:beer:
IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

Race no upper isos

097-2.jpg

101-1.jpg

:rockon:
IMG_1721.jpg

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I've had both.You cant go wrong w/Sports or Race.The Sports have a sweet drop rite out of the box and ride quality is perfect. My vert has the race springs w/the upper isos removed its a little bit stiffer ride than the sports but you may want that if you go to the track.

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

I'm thinking about going this route with mine, but maybe getting MM ISO's so it will be a little higher, and lower my chances of killing my exhaust.

woodywagon2004

Established Member

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

Race no upper isos

097-2.jpg

101-1.jpg

:rockon:
IMG_1721.jpg

They both look killer!!!! :rockon: By the looks of the coupe its exactly what im looking for!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread