LFP Hubcentric 3/8th Spacer wobble

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I have a set of the LFP Hubcentric 3/8th spacers on my car and my wheels have a wobble. One is far worse than the other. When i pull the spacers off the wobble is gone. I cleaned/sanded the hub of rust and also cleaned/sanded the spacer and re-installed the spacers and they still wobble. The spacer doesn't sit flush on the hub. It had a seesaw effect and i called LFP today and was told they are CNC machined so they couldn't be defective.:shrug: Anyone else have this sort of issue or can offer any suggestions?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I have a set of the LFP Hubcentric 3/8th spacers on my car and my wheels have a wobble. One is far worse than the other. When i pull the spacers off the wobble is gone. I cleaned/sanded the hub of rust and also cleaned/sanded the spacer and re-installed the spacers and they still wobble. The spacer doesn't sit flush on the hub. It had a seesaw effect and i called LFP today and was told they are CNC machined so they couldn't be defective.:shrug: Anyone else have this sort of issue or can offer any suggestions?

If the spacer is not sitting flat on the hub, there is an interference clearance issue with them somewhere. :read: The wheel will never sit flat if the spacer doesn't sit flat on the hub.

FWIW

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Anything manufactured can be defective. Have you tried putting this spacer on a known flat surface (e.g. smooth table) to confirm its "perfectly flat" machined surface?

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Also, try moving the "bad" spacer to the other hub and see if you get the same result. If it fits the other hub flush, you know it's a hub issue and not the spacer itself. If it's the spacer, you can use a micrometer or caliper to compare the thickness, inside diameter, etc. of the 2 spacers.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I know the issue is the spacer not sitting flat but is there anything i could have done to make it this way? When i spoke to LFP the guy said it could be "anything". I put them on a flat surface and they are don't sit flat. One is worse then the other. I have switched them around side to side still same thing. I tried telling them maybe i got a defective part but LFP swore that because they are CNC machined the entire batch would have been defective and that they do a large number of spacer per run. Kinda sucks because i want that spacer but don't feel like buying another set and having the same issue. LFP is the only place who sells the hubcentric ones. Lethal sells some but they aren't hubcentric.

Last edited:

SuperSport01

Established Member
Hubcentric spacers are a good thing but being hubcentric is not nearly as important as the spacer sitting flat. You were using the extended lug nuts that make sure you have plenty of thread engagement correct? Lethal and MM have great spacers. I have always had good success with BAER spacers.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I'm using the extended lugs yes. I'm wondering if I can get away with a 1/2 spacer with stock studs. MM's smallest spacer that is hub centric is a 1/2". Just kinda pissed at LFP.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member

SuperSport01

Established Member
For a 1/2" wheel spacer you HAVE TO use extended studs. No way around it. And as I stated before hubcentric really doesnt make a darn.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Ok so i put the spacers on a different table and they sit flat on the table. What could be stopping them from sitting flat on my hub? I cleaned the spacer and hub of all rust, dirt, and grime. What could be causing the spacer not to sit flush on the hub?

SuperSport01

Established Member
The center opening (hubcentric) could be too small in diameter and not allowing the spacer to seat down on the hub.

ripnesscobra

Established Member
Did you remove the little clips that the factory puts over a few of the studs to hold the rotor on?

They look like this:
DSC00275-300x200.jpg

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
The center opening (hubcentric) could be too small in diameter and not allowing the spacer to seat down on the hub.

It's weird though because a lot of folks run that same spacer. Also LFP said they have never had a complaint.:shrug:

Did you remove the little clips that the factory puts over a few of the studs to hold the rotor on?

They look like this:
DSC00275-300x200.jpg

No i didn't but i guess i can try that.

ripnesscobra

Established Member
Those clips will definitely interfere with most spacer setups and not allow them to sit flat. My buddy had a similar problem and I noticed that he still had those clips on. So we took them off and problem solved. Hope it is that simple for you.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I believe the issue your having is with the portion of the spacer that's machined to fit the hub. When we used to offer our hubcentric spacers they would work on the IRS hub without any issues but when used on a solid axle they didn't. They simply wouldn't sit flush. We also found that the hubcentric spacers wouldn't work with all aftermarket wheels. Some of them caused the same interference.

That's why we went to a non hubcentric spacer from DX. They fit all hubs whether it's an IRS or Solid axle and all aftermarket wheels.

My best suggestion for you would be to go with a non hubcentric spacer and your issues will be solved.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread