LFP single blade owners step inside

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
Anyone got theirs on the car yet? Mine is on and Ive having the hanging idle issue. When you release the throttle it doesnt return all the way to the stop. Tooner mentioned it probally needs to have the blade clearance checked. anyone else having this issue?

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I have one with my Whipple set-up and have no issues at all. On the dyno my tuner had to adjust the idle screw a little bit to let in more air at idle. That’s about it. Check with your tuner on this. The TB shouldn’t have any blade clearance issues.

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
Myself and at least one other person (WS6JJP) that has PM'd me are having the hanging/sticking issue. Gonna touch base with LFP today.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I know John (WS6JJP) has done everything to try to get the throttle body to work properly but has had no luck. have you and John tried getting a hold of Mark at LFP to see if it is a "known issue" with their tb's?

black 10th vert

Established Member
From reading past threads, it seems to be common with every brand of single blade TB! There was a process posted by Doug from Billetflow (I think) to fix this issue. Part of it involved removing battery power to re-set the pcm so it could re-learn the new setup.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Just bought my LFP TB for my whipple setup. Hopefully it is problem free but if there is a problem mark @ LFP is great to deal with so i have no worries.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
i also spoke with Mark from LFP today....as usual he is resolving the whole issue, he has been a stand up guy ever since i started dealing with him back in 2004. He offered to send me another one and as soon as he receives the old one back he is going to have it looked over to find out exactly what the problem is. According to him he has only received 2 complaints (me and QWKRN U) so before he makes any changes he wants to know if the problems only exist in those 2 TB's. It would make no sense to make any running permanent changes which might cause other problems.

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
i also spoke with Mark from LFP today....as usual he is resolving the whole issue, he has been a stand up guy ever since i started dealing with him back in 2004. He offered to send me another one and as soon as he receives the old one back he is going to have it looked over to find out exactly what the problem is. According to him he has only received 2 complaints (me and QWKRN U) so before he makes any changes he wants to know if the problems only exist in those 2 TB's. It would make no sense to make any running permanent changes which might cause other problems.

I agree. diagnose the known the issue before sending out mass recalls and unknown fixes. LFP is standup in my book for handling it the right way. Just wish they had Black Throttle bodys in stock lol.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I've bought MANY MANY parts from those guys and have nothing but good things to say about them. QWKRN U, dont you have the black TB? I thought I saw it in your Whipple thread.

NateV8

Established Member
I had the same problem with my car. I just put a spring on the TB that keeps it closed when I'm not on the throttle.

kennebellmc4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread