Liars! And how you handle them!

boatcop1

Established Member
No BS here.

How do you handle the BS artists in your life? We all have em. Yeah yeah there is a few people in our life that we just smile and wave but how do you handle the blatent liars?

I have got to the point where I cannot take it anymore and when I sense I'm being lied to I just say "No please stop, thats not true at all" And then I get looked at like I'm an ass but i really dont care. I actually apologize and say "I'm sorry I just dont have time in my life for BS thanks". And move on.

Hell I've seen it in movies and it works just fine, In real life it's a tad different but IDC!.

In the interest of full disclosure I would like to say this doesn't happen to every Liar. Occasionaly one gets through my defenses and they infiltrate my interlect (which is limited) and then I'm stuck listening to dumb shit! Dont know how this happens. Feels bad man.

Need more :beer::beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Im with you, sometimes some people are just so good at lying they initially get you going then it starts to unravel. Most people in my life know im a straight shooter and can be a bit harsh which is why when they need real, unbiased advice I let them have it. Now if you lie to me i just embarass you and call you on your bull. However sometimes i have to suck it up when meeting new people and not pissing off the wife. :shrug:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I wait for a break in the conversation, and proceed to point out all the lies. Makes you look like an ass, but typically people wont try to lie to someone who will call them out. Makes things easier in the long run.

I know more then one person who will avoid me like the plague after doing this.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I usually just pretend that I care what they have to say and then try to avoid talking to them ever again.

boatcop1

Established Member
Im with you, sometimes some people are just so good at lying they initially get you going then it starts to unravel. Most people in my life know im a straight shooter and can be a bit harsh which is why when they need real, unbiased advice I let them have it. Now if you lie to me i just embarass you and call you on your bull. However sometimes i have to suck it up when meeting new people and not pissing off the wife. :shrug:

I found it to be difficult to call out people in front of a crowd, just makes me feel douchy when everyone else clearly hears the BS and is just ignoring it. Strangley I found it easier to call out the liars when its just one on one or three in the crowd. It's not my style to call anyone out in front of a bunch of people especially their significant other or children.

I wait for a break in the conversation, and proceed to point out all the lies. Makes you look like an ass, but typically people wont try to lie to someone who will call them out. Makes things easier in the long run.

Problem is, nobody likes to be disagreed with these days. I always find that when I debate with people it very quickly gets personal.

simple. dont hang around people like that.

Unfortunatley I think your refering to 85% of the population.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

THIS! I handle them just like I do the idiots on here that tell stories full of holes. I point out the holes and wait for the back peddle then poke holes in that story. it's quite fun actually.

mustanginky

Established Member
Depends I'm a parole officer and if a convict lies to me I bust them straight out. Eventually they either realize I'm smarter than them or I prove it when I let them have Christmas on the yard.

If its someone who likes to tell lie injected stories, I let em talk jus to see how far they'll push it. One guy at work comes to mind and he's always saying he had his 350z up to 140 a d smoked a corvette on the way to work. I am just letting his stories get more and more ridiculous to see how far he'll go.

If I know someones a liar, they don't get close to me plain and simple. I don't have time for that non sense.

bodge323

Established Member
I have an acquaintance that we call Walt, Walt Disney that is. He has more stories than Walt Disney! If I know he is bsing which is very often I either nod my head as if im listening or shout Lies! Lies! He gets the idea, but keeps spilling bs, some people dont change.

boatcop1

Established Member
Ahhhhh!!!! Gross that we have to deal with this BS. Get the point liars, Pick up the hints! If not risk humiliation! Because I really cannot take it!

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
No BS here.

How do you handle the BS artists in your life? We all have em. Yeah yeah there is a few people in our life that we just smile and wave but how do you handle the blatent liars?

I have got to the point where I cannot take it anymore and when I sense I'm being lied to I just say "No please stop, thats not true at all" And then I get looked at like I'm an ass but i really dont care. I actually apologize and say "I'm sorry I just dont have time in my life for BS thanks". And move on.

Hell I've seen it in movies and it works just fine, In real life it's a tad different but IDC!.

In the interest of full disclosure I would like to say this doesn't happen to every Liar. Occasionaly one gets through my defenses and they infiltrate my interlect (which is limited) and then I'm stuck listening to dumb shit! Dont know how this happens. Feels bad man.

Need more :beer::beer:

:rollseyes:bs::bs::bs:

delvin.a

Established Member

If its someone who likes to tell lie injected stories, I let em talk jus to see how far they'll push it. One guy at work comes to mind and he's always saying he had his 350z up to 140 a d smoked a corvette on the way to work. I am just letting his stories get more and more ridiculous to see how far he'll go.

I work with a dude we call "lyin' ass Charlie" he's a one upper type liar. I'll be talking to my buddy about cars amd shit then he'll pop up outta nowhere and proceed to tell us about one of the now hundreds of huge hp classic cars he's owned. Some have been 1200hp back in '65. We just let him go and then discuss the comedy of the whole thing later.

If I know someones a liar, they don't get close to me plain and simple. I don't have time for that non sense.

Exactly!

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Kinda depends on the person. If its an individual I dont really know, I can be a complete sarcastic asshole. I'v had Army and Marines guys wanna fight me due to my attitude, no bullshit. The Navy and Airforce guys are more easy going but still have their moments. Anyhow, I try to call it how it is unless its a good friend. If its a friend thats jiving I walk away.

oldmodman

Established Member
For me it's simple.

Liars (otherwise known as customers) must pay cash.

That way I don't give a damn if they lie or not.

My friends I have all known for over 40 years. So I know what is BS and what isn't. And since it's always super obvious BS it's just part of the fun.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Kinda depends on the person. If its an individual I dont really know, I can be a complete sarcastic asshole. I'v had Army and Marines guys wanna fight me due to my attitude, no bullshit. The Navy and Airforce guys are more easy going but still have their moments. Anyhow, I try to call it how it is unless its a good friend. If its a friend thats jiving I walk away.

I've noticed that a majority of fellow military members are pathological know it alls. I usually let them talk, and laugh about it later. Sometimes, I just have to straight up call them out on it.

Black 03 Mach

Roll Tide
Established Member
Kid with a 2011 v6 camaro. Came out to one of our get togethers and told us he was dynotuned pushing 355 to the wheels... Just with full exhaust and the tune. Pretty much laughed at me when i told him my 300/300. Blamed the weight of his car when i precieved to put counties on him. But dont worry, next time hes bringing his porshe 911 with a turbo he added. Derp.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I usually laugh at them and thank them for the joke. If they respond with "no I am serious' I re-iterate "Oh you had me, joke's over now"

Works all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread