Lightning 6 Speed Project Thread

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
I did it! So heres the long and the short...

F150 master clutch cylinder has the same stroke as the Viper master BUT the diameter (which I never even thought to check) is MUCH smaller than the viper unit about 1/4" smaller. That means there was not enough volume of brake fluid moving to the slave cylinder therefore only moving about 1/16 to 1/8". In order the disengage the clutch, you need at least 3/8" of travel.

I did get any pics of the progress only because I was just trying to get it done before I leave (work calls yet again and am off for the week). Basically, I had to use the die grinder and a milling bit to enlarge the hole in the pedal assembly. Also had to relocate the larger reservior to the side of the CAI box from the Whipple kit.

I should be driving it later tonight or tomorrow.

Oh yeah... I got a Mity Vac and LOVE it. Works like a champ.

Last edited:

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
WOW is all I got to say about this conversion. FTVB has got nothing on this. Scott was running 1/4 to 1/3 power max and didn't really go into the boost at all. The tires were squealing all the way down the road. There is still a few bugs to work out on the the tune side of things. The RPM is sitting around 1,100 at idle, looks like Scott is going to have to data log a few runs. The only sucky thing is he has to break the new motor in and he isn't in town right now to put the miles on the engine.

We are going to have to get some videos of this grumpy sleeper......

FordFanStan

Established Member
Awesome news Mike and Scott. Mike you should break it in for him :D

I will get the file adjusted for Scott asap and get it sent over. Can you get me his email again Mike, I can't find it and don't remember what it is right now. Stan

Gary101386

Established Member
awsome conversion!!! I helped do this to a early 90's crown vic in highschool.... Much cooler in a lightning tho!

Nice work!

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
wow.. impressive! Not too sure about that shifter tho.. since i have more of a lean when i drive.. maybe i should drive it ;)

FordFanStan

Established Member
I believe Scott was going to drive it for on a hour or so long road trip back and fourth today, I'm not for sure when he will get/got back. I'm sure he will update when he can. Stan

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
That changed in a hurry, just like the weather up here. Scott was going to take his L out to Kananaskis country but they took his bosses truck and he left it here. I had to move it back to his house yesterday since there was about a foot of spring snow dumped on the ground last night. When I went to go and put the brake in the peddle slipped off the pivot and I didn't have a pin so I had to use a ball point pen to hold it in place! talk about a temporary red neck fix. Overall the ride was great and it just need to have the engine broken in a bit more before we can do some real burnouts!

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Scott got a new Hurst Shifter today, I think that he might modify it a bit. It sure looks SEXY!

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

capt1515

I WANA GO FAST !
Established Member
I bet you can mod a console so the shifter comes up threw in front of the cup holders , That would look pretty bad ass .

Users who are viewing this thread