Long Story Short

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
I dont want to bore you guys with this story but i would like some opinions on this situation. So my truck was keyed awhile back, so i took it to a shop to get fixed (insurance was used for the repairs), anyways, after about 2 years the paint started cracking and the roof started peeling back the paint. So i brought the truck back and they said gave me shit for the cracks but i finally got them to repaint the areas that cracked. When i came to pick up my truck i noticed they didnt even touch the roof that was peeling, so i asked them why not. They said that the window would need to be removed to paint the roof and that they were not going to do that, just like they didnt in the first place. So i got my insurance to meet me down at the shop about a week later and go over the issues, long story short insurance agreed to pay the shop money to remove the back and front windows since it was never paid to get done in the first place. So my truck is now in the shop and last wed. i got a call from the shop telling me that i had a leak in the back window, which i knew about. They told me that the 3rd break light was were the water was leaking through and another part of the window, which they said would be fixed when it was resealed. I told them that i would get them the new 3rd break light and bring it to them. So that friday morning i drove down to the shop before work and dropped off the light. So as im dropping of the light the guy that had talked to me on the phone see me and asks to talk to me, so i say okay. He pulls me off to the side and says "so when we were pulling ur window out of ur truck the window cracked," i said "ok?" He then tells me that i need to purchase a new window because my insurance is not going to cover the broken window. (remember that i brought my truck in there with NO broken windows). I told the guy "im not paying for any window that you guys broke when you took it out of my truck." He then told me that either is the shop and that they would just be putting the cracked window back into the truck then. I said my truck better not have any broken windows in it when i get it back. He said then i need to bring a new one in and i said im not once again. He said then im sorry, and i told him that i would have to bring it to the new level if they were not going to replace my window (talking to my lawyer).

What do u guys think of this? Whos right and whos wrong here?

baja5bss

Established Member
I stand on your side on that one....if you brought the vehicle in there with no broken glass...it should leave in the same shape if not better since they were suppose to replace/repair things. I would take it to the court imo.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
I personally would take my truck out of there immediately and have another shop complete the job right.
Fill out a complaint with the BBB.
And punch that smartass in his face.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I have always been told if they break it they fix it. Hand it to the insurance company. Have them inspect the truck before you pick it up and show them the broke window. Personally, I'd pull the truck from them and find someone else. Accidents happen, I would think they are covered for that. I remember a glass shop having to reseal some windows for a dealer and was told, if they break them, they bought them. Glass company done all of the windows and didn't break a one.

01whiteL

Established Member
I personally would take my truck out of there immediately and have another shop complete the job right.
Fill out a complaint with the BBB.
And punch that smartass in his face.

What this guy said.... BBB, get a lawyer to speak and get you a window, inform your insurance company of whats happening, and tell them you will not allow the shop to finish the job. Get the truck to a shop with a good reputation

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
guys remember, this is redo work...its from the roof peeling back and cracks in the hood thats its in there...insurance really isnt in this other then that they for some reason paid them to take the window out of the truck

voodoocustoms

Established Member
That is why the shop has insuance. If the shop was trying to do this off the books (no workorder)...well they got caught and need to pony up the for the new window out of thier own pocket.

You did not break the window, you will not be paying for it.

Unfortunatly, this may take a long time to take care of and involve the court system.

Users who are viewing this thread