Long Tubes & ported Eaton guys

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I have a 4# lower ported Eaton and long tubes and I'm running about 10-11#'s of boost. Does this seem to low or is it because of my headers that my boost is low. :read:

Btw with my 2# upper I see about 12-13#'s of boost.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
In the summer heat it's prolly normal. I never lost any boost with headers. With my port job and all the bolt ons last year I'd see @ 15# with a 4L and 2.8 upper.

cornholio

Established Member
I don't know how many lbs I am running, but it is obvious that the car picked up some power with the addition of the LT's. No, I have not dynod since the LT's, but seat of the pants feeling and the increased lack of traction issues since the install make it very obvious.
Besides all that, the sound is incredible.

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
unclesams_svt said:
I have a 4# lower ported Eaton and long tubes and I'm running about 10-11#'s of boost. Does this seem to low or is it because of my headers that my boost is low. :read:

Btw with my 2# upper I see about 12-13#'s of boost.

Absolutely. With the combination of heat (summer) and long tubes....you will see less boost

LightningMAS

Banned
i have ported eaton and 6# lower with dynatech headers and i am seeing 15lbs. of boost.. i only gained 6-8 hp and 10lbs. of torque with highflows and headers..

bluespringsbolt

Established Member
Same situation here. 4lb. w/ ported heaton. Added long tubes and high flows knowing I might lose 1-2 pounds and did. However I reclaimed it just tonight by switching pulleys. In fact I just got back from a drive and it does feel better. Hit 14 lbs. @ 85degrees. I still think I'll retune for the changes also. The sound and the sight of those stainless long tubes though is:coolman:
Finally figured out my check engine light/rough idle after header install to be an 02 that had wire rubbed raw on a heat shield, THAT was about to send me over the edge..:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread