Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Four +

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
How long have you gone between speeding tickets? I just realized that last month, it had been 2 years since my last ticket. I've been pulled over several times for no front plate, but I always get a warning.

Post up how long it's been since your last one and whatever technique you think has been helping or hurting you.

I use a combo of strategic speeding (no speeding through blind hills or turns) and dumb luck.

Mikey org gt500

Established Member
I don't even remember the last one I got.. I got pulled over tryin to race on a local highway... The cop let me off with a warning. He was def on of the nices cops ever!

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Had a few when I was 16/17....then I got one when I was about 23. Took the cobra to have some stuff done under warranty and got a rental....brand new maxima. No exhaust I couldn't tell how fast I was going. Needless to say got caught doing 70 something in a 55. And new better because there is always a trooper somewhere on that road.

haz-matt

Established Member
I got one when I was 16 for 98 in a 65 and Ive now gone 3 years without another ticket and no warnings. I never speed on numbered highways, never in town, If I speed excessively its on a secondary "named" road thats not very populated and has an escape route/hiding place incase something goes down.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
from birth to age 15 when I get my learners....I averaged a ticket almost every 10 months from 15-22

Its been about 5 years since my last speeding ticket. Shoulda gotten one yesterday morning but the officer recognized me because I activated his phone. So instead of a ticket I spent 25 minutes giving him lessons on the side of the road...

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
24 years driving, 2 tickets.

1 when I was 17 and was thrown out because it was BS and I proved it.

The other I was 30 and was doing 55 in a 45 because I didn't see the sign change.
I was also thrown out after I went and took pictures of the sign blocked by a tree.

lol

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Coming up on five years. It helps that I work out of country, but basically I really don't speed anymore. I almost lost my license when I was 21/22 and I learned my lesson.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Last ticket I got was Summer 2005 in my 69. Ticketed for 14 over (79 in a 65). Bought a V1 and haven't had a speeding ticket since. Got a bullshit front plate ticket in the 99 which was the result of the cop being a dick and me returning the favor. Would have fought but my job sucked at the time and couldn't get the time off.

Before the V1 I was averaging 1-2 a year. Total I've had about 5-6 speeding tickets (most dismissed with defensive driving or deferred adjudication). I try not to speed TOO much (5-10 over, norm for Houston). Occasionally on trips I'll bump it up some.

Luckiest I've ever had (V1 saved me) was 120 in a 70. Was coming back from a funeral I believe. Running late. V1 warned me in time to slow down, got pulled over for no front plate and let go :)

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
6 years. One when I was 18, and one when I was 24. The second one was like mentioned earlier, didn't see the speed go from 45 to 35 and got a ticket for 46.

musclefan21

Established Member
christmas 06 is when i got my last speeding ticket. Knock on wood I hope I wont get any for a very long time. I try to keep it under 10mph at all times but sometimes i exceed that

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
Been driving 2 and a half years, Been pulled 3 times, only one ticket, which was the first time i got pulled over, which about 2 years ago, i believe it was late 07-early 08. I was driving to school, and despite having a free first period, i was late, and i was doing maybe 5 over, but accelerated to make a light, looked over, saw a bike cop radaring, and yelled the F word as loud as i could. it was ironic and stupid because i got stuck at the next light, and was delighted to see the cop hauling ass to catch me (he was easily doing 80, limit 45). Long story short, Ticket for 61 in a 45, didnt dispute, beacause i was speeding, took traffic school online, and noone told me that i couldnt do that because i was 16, so i pleaded to the judge, and she let it go. IM really lucky i got all my stupid driving out before then, and didnt get pulled over for any of that... Other 2 times, i got pulled for speeding, but let off with warnings. all 3 times i used the excuse "my speedometer is off, i cant tell how fast im going" (not a lie, cant get the right speedo gear for 3.73s because of a different internal gear, and im too lazy to change it, at about 75, im reading 90...)

Last edited:

bam

Established Member
Got one at 16 and nothing since. My dad's had one in his 42 years of driving, and only because the U-Haul's speedo was broken. He still drives at 10-2, three mph over the limit all the time.. it's crazy.

xTomKx

Established Member
I used to get tickets all the time. No tickets in about 3 years so far. Ways to avoid tickets : Stay out of north jersey where cops have to make their quota, I sold the crotch rocket, and I dont' look like a kid anymore. Knowing alot of cops helps as well.

If you live in north jersey you will get a ticket once in a while. Even my mom got few tickets over the years.

Last edited:

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I have had 1 ticket since I got the Cobra, seven years ago. It was 2 years ago this Christmas, I was taking my Niece for a "ride" topped a small rise, on this country road and there he was in the oncoming left turn lane, I saw him first and was hard on the brakes before the V1 went off... 62 in a 40.

The last one, before that, was probably 15 years ago, driving back from LA, 75 in a 55, Abilene TX.

paying attention + V1 == less tickets.

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread